2023-2024 SY - Administrative Secretary - Budget and Finance
- Position Type:
District Support/Secretary - 12-Months
- Date Posted:
District Administration Center - Glendale, AZ
- Closing Date:
09/20/2023   Additional Information:
- May take and transcribe dictation for correspondence, reports, notices, and meeting minutes.
- Independently prepares correspondence with the direction of the administrator.
- Maintains a schedule of appointments and makes arrangements for conferences and meetings.
- Maintains a filing system for incoming and outgoing communications.
- Maintains Conflict of Interest Forms (Submissions)
- Reviews mileage and travel reimbursement requests
- Places, screens, and forwards calls, takes messages.
- Prepares purchase orders and tracks budget information.
- Orders and maintains office supplies, prepares requisitions, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of applicable Peoria Unified School District and departmental policies and procedures.
- Ability to keyboard a minimum of 60 wpm and take shorthand, or other speed writing at 80 wpm; word processing and Excel experience.
- Ability to operate a variety of office machines including copier, fax machine, etc..
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Ability to read, write, and speak the English language.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications.
|2023-2024 SY - Administrative Secretary - Budget and Finance||JobID: 19735|
Position Title: Administrative Secretary
Department: Budget & Finance
Supervisor: Administrator for Budget & Finance
Term of Employment: 12 Months
Salary Classification: 13
Job Summary: The person in this role will assist the Administrator for Budget and Finance by performing a variety of moderate to complex secretarial, accounting, and quasi-administrative duties.
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A high school diploma or GED AND 2 years secretarial experience OR any equivalent combination of experience and education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background clearance check.
May be required to lift and carry heavy, bulky supplies and materials weighing up to 20 pounds.
May be required to work outside normal working hours.