2023-24 SY- EL Coordinator
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
District Administration Center - Glendale, AZ
- Closing Date:
Until Filled   Additional Information:
- Oversees the planning and implementation of instructional services for English language learners.
- Consults with building administrators regarding instructional services to English language learners.
- Monitors classrooms/schools for EL compliance and provides necessary reports to administrators.
- Plans and implements summer programs for English language learners.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable state and federal regulations.
- Works with Research and Assessment Department to develop and oversee language assessment procedures.
- Coordinates and conducts language acquisition training for all certified employees to meet state requirements.
- Assists schools in understanding all components of the AZELLA assessment and develops test prep strategies for improved reclassification rates.
- Facilitates the work of English acquisition trainers, English acquisition teachers, and instructional assistants for English language learners.
- Collaborates in developing the federal grants for Title III English Learners, Emergency Immigrant Education, and Refugee Children.
- Establishes parental notification and communication procedures.
- Involves parents in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of program services.
- Assumes responsibility for all applicable state and federal reporting.
- Demonstrates a collaborative leadership style and works to develop positive relationships within the Academic Services Department and with other departments and site staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required by the Executive Director of Exceptional Student Services.
- Knowledge of applicable Peoria Unified School District and departmental policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of stages of language acquisition and appropriate instructional strategies.
- Knowledge and experience with grant applications and reporting procedures.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent group facilitation and consensus building skills.
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background clearance check.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an Arizona driver's license.
- Must hold a valid Arizona teaching certificate.
- Must hold a valid Arizona administrative certificate.
- May be required to work outside normal working hours.
- May be required to travel to perform work functions.
|2023-24 SY- EL Coordinator||JobID: 19454|
Position Title: EL Coordinator
Department: Academic Support Services
Supervisor: Executive Director of Exceptional Student Services
Term of Employment: 12 Months
Salary Classification: Teacher on Assignment with Additional Days and Stipend
Job Summary: The EL Coordinator is responsible for the development, implementation, evaluation, and on-going monitoring of services for English language learners. This includes supporting the implementation of Arizona Department of Education approved instructional models as well as all compliance requirements related to English language learners.
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills, and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, policies and procedures.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A bachelors degree (masters preferred) in Elementary or Secondary Education with a bilingual or ESL endorsement, 5 years instructional experience (preferably with English language learners), and experience as a program coordinator OR any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 19454