2023-24 SY Exceptional Student Services Instructional Assistant
- Position Type:
School Support Staff/Instructional Assistant
- Date Posted:
Peoria Elementary - Peoria, AZ
- Date Available:
August 2023   Additional Information:
- Meets needs of all students with disabilities on their campus under the direction of school administration and special education teams.
- Monitors and assists students in multiple classroom environments to complete tasks, supports their access to general education curriculum, implements teacher directed accommodations, modifications, and behavior support plans per the Individual Education Plan (IEP).
- Assists in teaching and modeling workplace skills and positive behaviors.
- Provides support in monitoring, intervening, and redirecting student behaviors. Acts to prevent and deescalate student behavior.
- Utilizes and assists students’ with utilization of assistive technology.
- Leads individual and small group activities with students under teacher direction.
- Collaborates with special education and general education teachers to define student expectations and responsibilities while in the general education setting.
- Collaborates with special education and general education teachers by bringing forth difficult problems or questions and contributing to the development of resolutions.
- Escorts students to and from classes, activities, and transportation buses as needed.
- Maintains documentation and records for student files; maintains and updates computer files.
- Prepares instructional materials and copies. Prepares and distributes learning materials according to teacher direction. Assists students to use educational tools.
- Assists students with activities of daily living (eating, g-tube feeding, dressing, toileting, cleaning of bodily fluids, transferring, walking).
- Assists in implementing individual student programs for behavior, sensory, or academics, including but not limited to behavior support plans, and sensory integration strategies.
- Assists and calls for assistance when student(s) is experiencing chalIenge”s (l.e. perceived task frustration, sensory difficulties, etc.) that may result in disruptive behavior.
- Facilitates models, directs, and supervises student behavior in social situations in the classroom, cafeteria, and playground environment.
- Assists in data collection related to IEP goals.
- Participates in Direct Service Claims documentation by tracking and billing for tasks of daily living.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including but not limited to playground or cafeteria monitor.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of applicable Peoria Unified School District and departmental policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the principles of basic child development stages.
- Demonstrates good organization skills, ability to multi-task, and be detail oriented.
- Skill in following oral and written directions.
- Skill in identifying, preventing and deescalating negative behaviors.
- Skill in instructing and assisting students in self-help living skills.
- Must be able to complete training in CPR, First Aid, Nonviolent Crisis Intervention (CPI), and specialized training for students with disabilities.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications.
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background clearance check.
- Must be able to provide a Social Security number for AHCCS provider.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an Arizona driver's license.
- Must be able to complete training and maintain certification in CPR, First Aid, Nonviolent Crisis Intervention (CPI), and specialized training for students with disabilities.
- klust be able to physically restrain a student utilizing on of the OPi holds; must be able to run after students who are at risk of fleeing from a safe location.
- May be required to demonstrate fluency in English: written and oral communications.
- May be required to lift and carry heavy, bulky supplies and materials weighing up to 20 pounds.
- May be required to lift students weighing up to 60 pounds.
- May be required to work outside normal working hours.
- May be required to travel to perform work functions.
- Preference will be given to candidates that have prior working experience with high risk students with special needs.
|2023-24 SY Exceptional Student Services Instructional Assistant||JobID: 19330|
Position Title: Exceptional Student Services Intructional Assistant
Department: Exceptional Student Services
Supervisor: School Principal or Designee
Term of Employement: 9 months
Salary Classification: Grade 8
Job Summary: Provides a variety of instructional assistance and support services associated with general and specialized educational programs and student needs.
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a co rehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSlBlLlTlES generally include the following. Other duties may be assigned:KNO\\/\\/LEDGE AND SKILLS:
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 19330