21st Century-Student Tutor(Multiple Vacancies)
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Pioneer Elementary - Glendale, AZ   Position Title: High School Student – Tutor
- Provides one-on-one or small group tutoring under the teacher’s direction.
- Provides support in monitoring, intervening and redirecting student behaviors.
- Maintains documentation on student progress
- Skill in instructing and assisting students in core academic subjects(Math, English, Science, and Social Studies).
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications.
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background clearance check.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an Arizona driver’s license.
Supervisor: Site Coordinator, Principal or Designee
Term of Employment: 9 month
Salary Classification: $8.05 per hour
Job Summary: High School students will provide tutoring for elementary students in the 21st Century program.
Essential Functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills, and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following: