23/24 SY Lead Mechanic
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Transportation - Peoria, AZ
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
UNTIL FILLED   Additional Information:
- Performs a variety of maintenance and repair services and functions to PUSD transportation vehicles.
- Schedules and delegates work priorities for mechanics. Schedules emissions testing on-site or at State Vehicle Inspection Stations.
- Cleans and maintains shop equipment, tools, and workshop areas as required.
- Identifies needed repairs and maintenance. Determines required parts. Checks inventory through parts clerk. Orders parts and/or utilizes existing supply. Advises parts clerk of need to restock. Undertakes repairs and services. Checks vehicle for status and readiness to return to use.
- Responds to service calls in the field. Arranges for transportation of disabled vehicle to shop or repairs vehicle in the field. Assists in transferring students to alternate vehicle when necessary.
- Checks assigned work orders and reviews priorities. Maintains records of maintenance and repairs on each vehicle. Reviews vehicle records and equipment for compliance with state requirements. Documents bus repairs and tasks performed, parts used and ordered. Closes out work orders.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, regulations, ordinances and codes and PUSD policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the principles of maintenance and repair of diesel and gas powered public school transportation vehicles.
- Knowledge of the care and maintenance of power and hand tools and equipment.
- Knowledge of the basic principles of file and record management.
- Knowledge of the principles of inventory control.
- Skill in reading, interpreting, understanding and applying relevant Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, regulations, ordinances and codes and PUSD policies and procedures.
- Skill in assessing, analyzing, troubleshooting, diagnosing and undertaking appropriate repairs and maintenance of school transportation vehicles.
- Skill in utilizing a variety of hand and power tools and equipment for in-shop and on-site repairs.
- Skill in maintaining and updating maintenance, testing and inspection records of PUSD transportation vehicles.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications.
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background clearance check.
- Must possess at time of application and must maintain a valid Arizona CDL, ‘Class B’ driver license with passenger and school bus endorsement.
- May be required to obtain and maintain Air Conditioning Systems and Freon Certification and License.
- May be exposed to dangerous machinery, extreme weather conditions, hazardous chemicals, fumes and infectious diseases.
- May be required to lift and/or carry heavy, bulky supplies, equipment, tools, parts and materials weighing up to 75 pounds.
- May be required to work outside normal working hours.
- May be required to travel to perform work functions.
|23/24 SY Lead Mechanic||JobID: 19312|
Position Title: Lead Mechanic
Supervisor: Fleet Supervisor
Term of Employment: 12 Months
Salary Classification: 17
Job Summary: Performs a variety of safety inspections, preventative maintenance and repairs on Peoria Unified School District (PUSD) transportation vehicles.
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High School Diploma or GED, completion of a two year formal mechanical training program including diesel engine repair/maintenance, AND four ( 4 ) years of mechanical work experience with diesel engines; OR any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 19312