23/24 SY Mechanic
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Transportation - Peoria, AZ
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
UNTIL FILLED   Additional Information:
- Performs a variety of maintenance and repair services and functions to PUSD transportation vehicles. Schedules and/or conducts emissions testing on-site or at State Vehicle Inspection Stations. Cleans and maintains vehicles, shop equipment, tools, and workshop areas. Maintains Diesel Fuel Station and fueling devices.
- Completes and performs safety and maintenance inspection of buses prior to departure. Provides assistance and emergency repairs and services. Determines bus compliance with safety requirements. Advises dispatcher of vehicle availability. Contacts vendors to schedule repairs and/or perform warranty work. As needed, seeks specialized technical advice and assistance. Identifies and solicits new vendor services.
- Identifies needed repairs and maintenance. Determines required parts. Checks inventory. Orders parts and/or utilizes existing supply. Orders or advises others of need to restock. Undertakes repairs and services. Checks vehicle for status and readiness to return to use.
- Responds to service calls in the field. Arranges for transportation of disabled vehicle to shop or repairs vehicle in the field. Assists in transferring students to alternate vehicle when necessary.
- Steam cleans engine components, transmissions, chassis, and other general parts. Cleans and maintains vehicles, shop equipment, tools, and workshop areas.
- Checks assigned work orders and reviews priorities. Maintains records of maintenance and repairs on each vehicle. Reviews vehicle records and equipment for compliance with state requirements. Completes daily activity sheets of vehicle repairs. Documents bus repairs and tasks performed, parts used and ordered. Closes out work orders.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, regulations, ordinances and codes and PUSD policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the principles of maintenance and repair of diesel and gas powered public school transportation vehicles.
- Knowledge of the care and maintenance of power and hand tools and equipment.
- Knowledge of the basic principles of file and record management.
- Knowledge of the principles of inventory control.
- Skill in reading, interpreting, understanding and applying relevant Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, regulations, ordinances and codes and PUSD policies and procedures.
- Skill in assessing, analyzing, troubleshooting, diagnosing and undertaking appropriate repairs and maintenance of school transportation vehicles.
- Skill in utilizing a variety of hand and power tools and equipment for in-shop and on-site repairs.
- Skill in maintaining and updating maintenance, testing and inspection records of PUSD transportation vehicles.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications.
- Must hold an IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card through Arizona Department of Safety.
- Must be able to obtain a valid Arizona CDL and a Class B driver license with passenger endorsement.
- May be required to obtain and maintain Air Conditioning Systems and Freon Certification and License.
- May be required to demonstrate fluency in English: written and oral communications
- May be exposed to dangerous machinery, extreme weather conditions, hazardous chemicals, fumes and infectious diseases.
- May be required to lift and/or carry heavy, bulky supplies, equipment, tools, parts and materials weighing up to 75 pounds.
- May be required to work outside normal working hours.
- May be required to travel to perform work functions.
- Must have a clean driving record for 3 years.
|23/24 SY Mechanic||JobID: 19641|
Position Title: Mechanic
Supervisor: Director of Transportation
Term of Employment: 12 months
Salary Classification: 15
Job Summary: Performs a variety of safety inspections, preventative maintenance and repairs on Peoria Unified School District (PUSD) transportation vehicles.
Essential Functions as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following: