23-24 SY Preschool Special Education Inclusion Teacher (Multiple Vacancies)
- Position Type:
Teacher - Elementary School PreK-8
- Date Posted:
District Wide - Glendale, AZ
- Date Available:
Immediately   Additional Information:
- Instructs assigned students in the location and at the time designated
- Plans a program of study that meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of the students
- Creates a positive and nurturing class environment that is developmentally appropriate and conducive to learning
- Prepares for assigned students, and shows written evidence of preparation at the request of the supervisor
- Sets and maintains standards of student behavior, and upholds district wide discipline policies
- Guides the learning process, through the use of established clear objectives, toward the achievement of district curriculum/IEP goals
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved
- Strives to implement, through instruction and example, the district’s philosophy of education
- Assesses student accomplishments on a regular basis, and provides progress reports as required
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities
- Maintains accurate and complete records required by law, district policy, and administrative regulation
- Makes provision to be available to students and parents for education-related purposes outside the regular instructional day when such encounters are required or requested under reasonable terms
- When assigned a teacher assistant, student teacher, or volunteer, plans and supervises assignments and activities for that person or persons
- Strives to maintain and improve professional competence
- Attends staff meetings and serves on staff committees as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, policies and procedures
- Knowledge of applicable Peoria Unified School District and departmental policies and procedures
- Knowledge of appropriate teaching strategies and methods
- Knowledge of typical and atypical development
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications
|23-24 SY Preschool Special Education Inclusion Teacher (Multiple Vacancies)||JobID: 19820|
Position Title: Preschool Special Education Inclusion Teacher
Department: Special Education
Supervisor: Principal at assigned location/Preschool Director
Term of Employment: 9 months
Salary Classification: Teacher Salary Schedule
Job Summary: Provide direct services to IEP students in general education preschool settings and provide preschool staff support for student behaviors and other developmental needs
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Must hold a current teaching certificate for special education and early childhood issued by the Arizona State Department of Education.
Specialized teaching assignments may require additional training and/or certification.
Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background clearance check.
Must be able to obtain and maintain an Arizona driver’s license.
Must have a negative Mantoux TB test prior to the start of the position
May be required to lift and carry heavy, bulky supplies and materials weighing up to 20 pounds.
May be required to lift students weighing up to 60 pounds.
May be required to work outside normal working hours.
May be required to travel to perform work functions.