- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
District Administration Center - Glendale, AZ
- Closing Date:
Until Filled   Additional Information:
- Assists with the compilation and analysis of financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts and documents business transactions.
- Assists with the preparation of journal entries and reconciliation of general ledger and subsidiary accounts.
- Assists with the distribution of monthly revenue and expenditure reports to departments/sites.
- Assists with banking, deposits, tax credits, refunds, returned checks, and account reconciliations.
- Assists with the distribution of reports for federal and state grant accounts of the District
- Assists with the revenue/accounts receivable/billing function of the District. Tasks include invoicing, statements, collections and revenue recognition.
- Assists with the development of ad-hoc reports/templates for use by site/department personnel.
- Assists with the generation of reports to support timely and accurate management decisions.
- Updates and maintains employee deductions
- Reviews, verifies and calculates time sheets, pay actions, absences and voluntary deductions for accuracy. Prepares compiles and processes payroll.
- Update and Audit employees that fall under the 20 / 20 rule for the ASRS
- Process, Update, and Audit fields for the ACA required information
- Review and Audit Employee Kronos Timecards for assigned sites
- Maintains knowledge of the Arizona Uniform System of Financial Records and relevant
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Performs other duties as assigned/required and assists with special projects as assigned.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, policies and procedures
- Knowledge of applicable Peoria Unified School District and departmental policies and procedures
- Knowledge of quality tools and models, benchmarking practices and techniques, statistics, and financial analysis.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite applications.
- Proficiency with Visions software modules desirable.
- Ability to develop unique and innovative solutions to problems.
- Independent thinking/Self-initiative: A critical thinker with the ability to focus on the things which matter most to achieving the desired outcome.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications.
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background clearance check.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an Arizona driver’s license.
- May be required to lift and carry heavy, bulky supplies and materials weighing up to 20 pounds
- May be required to work outside normal working hours
- May be required to travel to perform work functions
|Accounting/Payroll Technician||JobID: 19849|
Position Title: Accounting/Payroll Technician
Department: Budget and Finance
Supervisor: Director of Accounting
Term of Employment: 12 Month
Salary Classification: 14
Job Summary: The incumbent will assist with transaction generation and review of various financial elements/accounts of the District. Individual areas of assignment are aligned based on types of funds/transactions and may include, but are not limited to: Operating Accounts, Capital Accounts, Salary and Benefit Accounts, Revenue Accounts, Restricted Funding Accounts, Cash-Basis Accounts. Chart of accounts and general ledger management for the individual areas of assignment will be the responsibility of the position
The incumbent will perform simple and moderately complex analysis using financial and other related data. This individual will utilize the results of analysis to prepare standard and ad-hoc management reports and reconciliations.
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Minimum A.A. college degree. A high school diploma or GED AND 2 years working in an accounting/finance environment, preferably education, OR any equivalent combination of experience and education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.