Accounts Payable Temp
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
District Administration Center - Glendale, AZ
- Closing Date:
Until Filled   Additional Information:
- Compiles supportive data, financial control records, and researches billings for accounts payable.
- Inputs invoices, bills, requisitions, and receipts into computer programs. Checks forms and records for accuracy.
- Prepares reports, communications, etc.
- Researches invoices, purchase orders and requisitions when necessary.
- Communicates with school personnel and vendors by phone and in writing regarding correct payments and/or credits.
- May research and prepare the Governing Board voucher report.
- Compiles invoices and other accounting documents for closing the budget year.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of applicable Peoria Unified School District and departmental policies and procedures.
- Ability to keyboard/type 40 WPM, and use the 10-key calculator by touch.
- Ability to handle busy telephones, and deal effectively and positively with vendors and school/district personnel.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications.
Position Title: Accounts Payable Temp
Department: Business Services
Supervisor: Administrator for Budget & Finance
Term of Employment: Temporary position
Salary Classification: Grade 12 ($14.64 per hour)
Job Summary: The person in this role will assist in the administration of the accounting function of the district by using available financial resources to help provide the best customer service.
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A high school diploma or GED AND 2 years’ verifiable clerical and computer experience, preferably in an accounting environment, OR any equivalent combination of experience and education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background clearance check.
Must be able to obtain and maintain an Arizona driver’s license.
May be required to lift and carry heavy, bulky supplies and materials weighing up to 20 pounds.
Must be able to read, write, and speak the English language.
May be required to work outside normal working hours.
May be required to travel to perform work functions.