Administrative Secretary I to Principal
- Position Type:
School Support Staff/Secretary
- Date Posted:
Sundance Elementary - Peoria, AZ
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
11/15/2022   Additional Information:
- Schedules meetings, conferences, interviews, in-services and workshops, and maintains schedule of appointments.
- Prepares correspondence following instructions of the supervisor.
- Places, screens, and forward telephone calls throughout the department/school site.
- Coordinates, schedules, and prioritizes assigned tasks and projects. Provides feedback and direction and guidance to staff. Communicates new or revised information to personnel.
- Maintains confidential personnel and student files, records, and databases for the department/school site.
- Schedules employment interviews, conducts reference checks, processes payroll actions, and maintains attendance, payroll records, and timesheets.
- Responds to inquiries from staff, vendors, contract providers, contractors, parents, students, and the community.
- Processes and monitors a variety of agreements, contracts, and applications.
- Orders and maintains office equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, regulations ordinances and Peoria Unified School District and departmental policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the principles of customer service, general office operations, business office management, and records and database management.
- Knowledge of the principles of Business English, grammar, spelling, and the preparation of correspondence.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles.
- Skill in reading, interpreting, understanding, and applying relevant Federal, state, and PUSD rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Skill in creating, preparing, and managing a variety of documents and reports for distribution.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications.
- Must possess or obtain an Arizona IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Must be able to pass a background clearence check.
- Must be able to type minimum 55 wpm.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an Arizona driver’s license.
- May be required to lift and carry heavy, bulky supplies and materials weighing up to 20 pounds.
- May be required to work outside normal working hours.
Position Title: Administrative Secretary I to Principal
Department: Varies according to assignment
Supervisor: Director or Administrator
Term of Employment: 12 months
Salary Classification: 13
Job Summary: Performs a variety of standard clerical duties and secretarial support functions for department or school site administration and assigned staff.
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills, and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following. Other duties may be assigned: