Curriculum & Instructional Coach - Math
- Position Type:
Curriculum & Instruction Support- District/Instructional Coach
- Date Posted:
District Administration Center - Glendale, AZ
- Provides assistance in training teachers at both local and district levels, and provides assistance to the principals in planning staff development related to essential elements of instruction and the integration of technology into the curriculum.
- Develops and models instructional lessons which incorporate the use of technology resources.
- Observes classroom teaching and provides follow-up instructional conferences.
- Conducts conferences with teachers relative to their use of essential elements of instruction and the integration of technology with classroom instruction
- Conducts individual instructional sessions related to the planning and implementation of effective instructional strategies, including student-use of technology in the classroom.
- Assists school administrators with the implementation of teachers’ personalized programs for instructional improvement.
- Coordinates activities with other Instructional Specialists and District Curriculum Specialists.
- Attends training sessions designed to maintain and advance their staff development and technology skills.
- Assists in aligning instruction with the District curriculum
- Assists curriculum specialists with the implementation of District curriculum
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of applicable Peoria Unified School District and departmental policies and procedures.
- Thorough working knowledge of all terminology associated with essential elements of instruction.
- Ability to model and to articulate the terms and concepts of essential elements of instruction with others
- Working knowledge of technology applications.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications.
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background clearance check
- May be required to work outside normal working hours
- May be required to travel to perform work functions
Position Title: Curriculum and Instructional Coach
Department: K-12 Curriculum and Instruction
Supervisor: Administrator, K-12 Curriculum and Instruction
Term of Employment: Teacher Work Contract + extra days
Salary Classification: Teacher Salary Schedule + Stipend
Job Summary: To provide coaching and mentoring to classroom teachers for the continuous refinement of instructional practices and implementation of District curriculum.
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Must possess a valid Arizona teaching certificate, AND a minimum of three years teaching experience OR any equivalent combination of experience and education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.