- Position Type:
Teacher - High School/Career and Technical Education
- Date Posted:
Peoria High School - Peoria, AZ
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
Until Filled   Additional Information:
- Develop and implement creative and engaging lesson plans
- Document and share student grades and evaluations
- Set and maintain standards of classroom behavior and uphold District discipline policies
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities
- Available to students and parents for education-related purposes outside the regular instructional day when required or requested under reasonable terms
- Foster positive relationships with students, teachers, parents, and community members
- Maintain accurate and complete records required by law, District policy, and administrative regulation
- Strive to maintain and improve professional competence
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of applicable Peoria Unified School District and departmental policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the principles of record, file and database management.
- Skill in following oral and written directions.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications.
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background clearance check.
- Must be able to provide a Social Security number for AHCCS provider
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an Arizona driver’s license.
- May be required to demonstrate fluency in English: written and oral communications
- May be required to lift and carry heavy, bulky supplies and materials weighing up to 20 pounds.
- May be required to work outside normal working hours
- May be required to travel to perform work functions
To see a listing of all Peoria Unified School District Jobs please visit: www.peoriaunified.org
Why Choose Peoria Unified: Since 1889, Peoria Unified School District has grown to serve over 37,000 students and nearly 4,000 employees as one of Arizona’s largest districts. We cater to the unique learning style of every student, from preschool through high school. Our District prides itself on excelling schools, award-winning teachers, high test scores, career and technical education programs, specialized Choice Programs, free all-day kindergarten, and championship athletic programs. We have a 95% high school graduation rate and are proud to be the first district in the state to receive the prestigious AdvancED Accreditation. We achieve such benchmarks by fostering a diverse workforce which values different ideas, is inclusive of all employees, and by maintaining that great family-feel we are known for. Sound like a team you want to join? Then read on!
Position Title: Automotive Intern
Department: Career Technical Education
Supervisor: Administrator for Career Technical Education
Term of Employment: 9 months
Salary Classification: $100/day
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
The following responsibilities tie into our strategic plan to include Student Success, Safety and Wellbeing, Stewardship of Community Resources, and Community Connection. We believe these four areas help us remain focused on Peoria Unified’s vision: Every Student, Every Day, Prepared to Shape Tomorrow.
Student Success – Manage and educate students while helping them discover and fulfill their potential
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, policies and procedures.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Associates Degree and/or ASE Certification and experience and education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved..