Bilingual Family Resource Center Referral Specialist, Part Time
- Bilingual Family Resource Center Referral Specialist, Part Time JobID: 10706
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Desert Palms Elementary - Glendale, AZ
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
11/25/2019   Position Title: Bilingual Family Resource Center Referral Specialist
- Serves as a point of contact for families needing referrals and resources.
- Provides child care for parent workshops
- Provides referral and resource information for families
- Maintains liaisons with community and social service agencies
- Through researching and contacting social service agencies, assists in obtaining information to continually update available resources
- Provides written and verbal translation as needed
- Maintains records for Family Resource Center
- Supports Family Resource Center Coordinator and Family Educator in implementing programming
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of applicable Peoria Unified School District and departmental policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of educational, economic, social, and health needs, customs and culture of minority families.
- Knowledge of functions of available community resources.
- Skill in providing oral and written communication and translation in Spanish and English languages.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with co-workers, students, parents, and the general public in a professional manner.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications.
- Well-developed observational and record keeping skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to perform a variety of duties in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to organize own time in an effort to meet assigned situations and work demands
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background clearance check.
- Must be able to obtain Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Must demonstrate fluency in both Spanish and English written and oral communications.
- May be required to lift and/or carry materials and supplies weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Arizona driver's license.
- May be required to travel to perform work functions.
- May be required to work outside normal working hours
Department: Early Childhood
Supervisor: Family Resource Center Coordinator/Early Childhood Director
Term of Employment: 9 MONTHS; 25 hours a week
Salary Classification: 8
Job Summary: Serves as a liaison between families and community resources to offer referral information. Identifies supports and services available to families with young children and provides each family with access to information, training and support on topics such as parenting skills, early childhood development and child health. Translates, verbally and in writing, as needed for bilingual family members.
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A high school diploma or GED
OR any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities has been achieved. Experience working with social agencies and family referrals preferred.
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 10706