- Position Type:
School Support Staff
- Date Posted:
Raymond S Kellis High School - Glendale, AZ
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
- Accepts cash, checks, and credit cards for payment of fees, club memberships, registration, books, and supplies.
- Maintains a variety of financial records and files. Submits regularly scheduled and ad hoc financial and other reports. Prepares monies for deposit in appropriate accounts.
- Prepares refunds. Checks financial records and accounts. Prepares and forwards paperwork for refunds and reimbursement to students, clubs, and athletic events.
- Prepares checks for payment to officials, security and snack bars. Submits checks for approval, refund, and products for vendors. Prepares cash boxes for activities and events.
- Receives teacher book lists. Tracks student book assignments. Maintains book inventory. Identifies missing books and secures payment to replace or repair books. Mails letters of notification of book fees or charges to students and their parents/guardians. Updates financial obligations for seniors who need to clear obligations prior to graduation or transfer.
- Researches vendors to identify best price on textbooks, office, classroom supplies, and other items. Orders textbooks. Receives, date stamps and numbers books. Assists with distribution to classrooms. Updates files and records.
- Sells old or outdated textbooks back to vendors or book buyers. Ship non-sold books to warehouse. Boxes and forwards damaged books for repair.
- Manages tax credit accounts and reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, regulations, ordinances and codes and PUSD policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the principles of bookkeeping and/or accounting.
- Knowledge of the principles of files and records management.
- Knowledge of the principles of inventory control.
- Skill in reading, interpreting, understanding and applying relevant Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, regulations, ordinances and codes and PUSD policies and procedures.
- Skill in preparing, receipting, and tracking financial records, reports and accounts for multiple accounts, clubs, and funds.
- Skill in assigning, reviewing, and tracking work activities of staff and volunteers.
- Skill in reviewing fiscal records and reports to determine compliance with applicable rules and regulatory requirements.
- Skill in ordering, distributing, tracking, and billing those responsible for the loss or damage to textbooks.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications.
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background clearance check.
- May be required to possess and maintain a valid Arizona driver’s license.
- May be required to lift and/or carry heavy, bulky supplies, materials, equipment, and other items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- May be required to work outside normal working hours
Position Title: Bookstore Manager, High School
Department: Instructional Support
Term of Employment: 12 months
Salary Classification: 11
Job Summary: Provides a variety of financial services related to the acceptance, receipt, and handing of funds associated with student activities, clubs, books, district funds, and related areas.
Essential Functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills, and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Associate’s Degree in Accounting, Bookkeeping, Finance, Business Administration or closely related field, AND two (2) years of relevant, progressively responsible financial clerical, bookkeeping, purchasing, or closely related experience; OR any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.