- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Transportation - Peoria, AZ
- Date Available:
Continuous Opening   Additional Information:
- Maintain safe student conduct while on the bus, and assure that students get on and off the bus in an orderly fashion.
- To assist young and/or disabled students in entering and exiting the bus, including lifting and safely securing wheelchairs.
- Keep written records of student violations and other records as required by Peoria Unified School District guidelines.
- Collect any personal items left on the bus by students and turn them into the school offices.
- Devote attention to students and their needs.
- Be responsible for securing wheelchairs, such as tie-downs and seat belts and other supportive equipment used in transporting students.
- Assist with cleaning and maintaining cleanliness of the bus.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county, and city statutes, rules, policies, and procedures.
- Knowledge of applicable Peoria Unified School District and departmental policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of special methods and procedures for working with special needs students, to include handling equipment required in transporting students; example: walkers, braces, wheelchairs, oxygen equipment, etc.
- Physically able to lift and move students (up to 50 pounds).
- Skill in working with children.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district.
- Must possess and maintain a valid IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Must maintain CPR/1st Aid Certification and be willing to use in an emergency.
- Must be capable of lifting 50 pounds and pass the Physical Performance Test.
Position Title: Bus Assistant, (Special Education)
Supervisor: Director of Transportation
Term of Employment: 9 Months
Salary Classification: 7
Job Summary: Provides services, helps maintain student conduct and safety while on the bus, and assures the student gets on and off the bus in orderly fashion.
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A high school diploma or GED, preferred and/or any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.