- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Transportation - Peoria, AZ
- Transports students on assigned route(s) and to/from extra-curricular, field trip activities and/or other authorized school activities.
- Performs pre-trip checklist to verify safety inspections. Checks fluid levels and condition of vehicle before, during and after every route. Checks operation of wheelchair lifts and restraint devices for safe operation. Transfers students into bus seat or utilizes wheelchair tie-downs to safely secure student.
- Maintains mileage logs and timesheets. Prepares maintenance or repair work orders. Inspects bus after repairs are completed to determine proper operation and correction of problems. Follow established directions for breakdowns, emergencies, and/or accidents.
- Maintains all records applying to field trips.
- Maintains safe student conduct while on the bus.
- Prepare and maintain written records of student violations as required by the Peoria Unified School District guidelines.
- Provides on-call back up coverage for dispatchers.
- Provides feedback and information related to routes (i.e. re-route proposals, creation, elimination, updating and/or evaluation of bus routes).
- Maintains daily a clean bus, and makes sure bus is fueled above a half tank.
- Must be able to operate all buses used by the Peoria Unified School District.
- Performs other duties as assigned or may be required to work outside of assigned schedule.
- Knowledge and skill in reading, interpreting, understanding, and applying all applicable Federal, State, County and City statutes, rules, regulations, ordinances and codes and PUSD policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the principles of general preventative maintenance, operation and handling of school buses, wheelchair lifts and safety restraints.
- Knowledge of PUSD geographical area, roads, school bus routes and bus stops.
- Knowledge of the principles of safe fueling and cleaning of transportation vehicles.
- Skill in assisting students with disabilities in loading, transferring, securing and unloading.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Must be able to pass a background clearance check.
- Must hold an IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card at time of hire.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Must obtain and maintain a valid Arizona CDL, ‘Class B’ driver license with passenger endorsement.
- May be exposed to dangerous machinery, potential physical harm, all weather conditions, hazardous chemicals, fumes, and infectious diseases.
- Must be capable of lifting 50 pounds and pass the DPS Physical Performance Test.
- May be required to work outside normal working hours.
- May be required to travel to perform work functions.
Position Title: Bus Driver
Supervisor: Director of Transportation
Term of Employment: 9 Months
Salary Classification: $13.61/hr
Job Summary: Provides transportation services to Peoria Unified School District (PUSD) students to and from school and extra-curricular activities.
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High School Diploma or GED, preferred AND completion of school bus training certification; OR any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.