- Position Type:
School Support Staff
- Date Posted:
Liberty High School - Peoria, AZ
- Date Available:
08/08/2022   Additional Information:
- Research and process all scholarships, and then send information to each high school Career Specialist & scholarship counselor.
- Maintain scholarships and links on the District Guidance Portal and maintain Scholarship Database.
- Maintain database of scholarship recipients throughout the district.
- Communicate with Lead Counselor.
- Facilitate, plan and attend monthly meetings with Lead Counselor, high school Career Center Specialists and scholarship counselors.
- Facilitate training opportunities for Career Specialists.
- Provide Bridges training opportunities throughout the district as needed.
- Provide dual enrollment coordination with the PUSD Curriculum department as needed.
- Compiles and provides college catalogs and applications. Maintains and updates career and college folders, resources and scholarships.
- Facilitates and promotes school Career Fairs as needed.
- Assists students with military applications, college and/or trade school awards, grants and scholarships.
- Coordinates Career Development guest speakers and classroom presentations.
- Arranges opportunities for tours of college and technical school campuses.
- Conducts student interest/skill inventories for Career Development through Bridges and classroom presentations.
- Assists and/or monitors academic and career testing of students.
- Knowledge of applicable Peoria Unified School District and departmental policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the greater Phoenix metropolitan area and the businesses, schools and other resources within it.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications.
- Skills in organizing data, hard copy files and electronic files.
- Ability to sort scholarships by categories of criteria (GPA, grade level, SAT/ACT scores, ethnicity, area of study, community service based, leadership, etc).
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background clearance check.
- Must at the time of application have and maintain a valid Arizona driver’s license.
- May be required to lift and/or carry heavy, bulky supplies, materials and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
Position Title: Career Specialist
Position Title: Career Center Specialist
Department: Career Services
Supervisor: Lead Counselor
Term of Employment: 9 months
Salary Classification: 9
Job Summary: The person will identify and distribute scholarship information and work closely with high school career specialists and scholarship counselors. The position requires that the person utilize the computer to post information and place scholarship information on the District website for students, parents, teachers, counselors and administrators to view.
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A high school diploma or GED
OR any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities has been achieved.