Central Maintenance- General Construction
- Position Type:
District Maintenance/Custodial/Skilled Maintenance
- Date Posted:
Centralized Maintenance - Glendale, AZ
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
- Provides maintenance and repair of equipment, electrical and plumbing fixtures, etc. May also participate in small construction projects.
- Develops and maintains a regular maintenance schedule for assigned site or work areas.
- Assists with prioritizing jobs and requirements, estimates time and materials, orders supplies, etc.
- Performs heavy labor, uses hand and power tools, climbs ladders, drives trucks, etc.
- Serves as supervisor or maintenance crew leader when assigned.
- Prioritizes jobs at various school sites and office facilities.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Knowledge and skill in one or more trade/maintenance areas.
- Knowledge in interpreting blueprints and written assignments.
- Possess thorough knowledge of methods, materials, equipment and techniques used in his/her trade.
- Ability to climb ladders and work in close spaces.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and written work assignments.
- Ability to perform physically strenuous tasks, such as lifting up to 50 lbs. and moving items weighing up to 120 lbs, operate heavy equipment, climb ladders, etc.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with school staff, students and public.
- Must be able to pass fingerprint and background clearance check as a condition of employment.
- Must possess a valid AZ drivers’ license and a good driving record.
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate effectively.
Position Title: General Maintenance
Supervisor: Director of Maintenance
Term of Employment: 12 Months/Full-Time
Salary Classification: 12
Job Summary: The person is responsible for the maintenance and repair of equipment. The job requires the person to be skilled in the basic areas of construction and maintenance including electrical, plumbing, power tools and basic construction techniques.
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following. Other duties may be assigned: