Child Find Tester (Part Time)
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Oasis Elementary - Peoria, AZ
- Date Available:
08/04/2021   Additional Information:
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, policies and procedures
- Knowledge of applicable Peoria Unified School District and departmental policies and procedures
- Knowledge of phone etiquette.
- Knowledge of filing and records management.
- Knowledge of maintaining confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Knowledge of Special Education rules, regulations, procedures, and policies.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications
Position Title: CHILD FIND Preschool Screener
Department: Special Education
Supervisor: Site Administrator
Term of Employment: 9 months
Salary Classification: 8
Job Summary: Performs all functions connected with CHILD FIND preschool screenings. Functions include scheduling, administration of the Denver II screener, administration of vision and hearing screenings, and all written documentation.
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
• Assisting with the scheduling of CHILD FIND screenings.
• Organizing and mailing appropriate documentation to parents.
• Completing necessary paperwork throughout various stages of the CHILD FIND process.
• Administration of the Denver II screener.
• Administration of state approved vision and hearing screenings.
• Some traveling may be involved in order to administer vision and hearing screenings at various school sites throughout the school year.
• Working in collaboration with the preschool assessment team.
• Performs other duties as assigned or required
• Participation in formal training in Denver II administration.
• Participation in formal training in OAE, pure tone, and vision screening administration.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A high school diploma or GED AND _3_ years working with OR any equivalent combination of experience and education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
• Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background clearance check.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain an Arizona driver’s license.
• May be required to lift and carry heavy, bulky supplies and materials weighing up to 20 pounds
• May be required to lift students weighing up to 60 pounds
• May be required to work outside normal working hours
• May be required to travel to perform work functions