- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Food Services - Peoria, AZ   Position Title: High School Kitchen Cook
- Works closely with the manager regarding how much to prepare, how much to pull from the freezer and when, and any necessary advance preparation. Reads through the recipe to ensure recipe is being followed.
- Performs a variety of food preparation tasks. Read and calculate recipes, and cut, chop, measure and prepare foods, food products and related items accordingly.
- Responsible for preparing and cooking of the entrees and accompanying vegetables.
- Responsible for preparing, cooking, and cooling foods for shipment to other elementary schools.
- Prepares the serving line, fruit and vegetable bar, condiments, and beverages. Serves or cashiers during meal times and assists customers.
- Completes daily temperature log and production worksheets. Provides back up with preparing deposit and reconciling end of day paperwork.
- Cleans and sanitizes kitchen, food trays, kitchen utensils, floors, work stations, tables and other food service/cafeteria areas. Mops, uses the autoscrubber and takes out trash. Breaks down tables after service.
- Provides back up and assistance to others involved in the preparation, serving, clean-up and maintenance of the kitchen and cafeteria area.
- Assists with receiving deliveries, pulling food for preparation, rotating food and supply inventory and completing monthly inventories.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, regulations, ordinances and codes and PUSD policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the principles of customer service.
- Skill in reading, interpreting, understanding and applying relevant Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, regulations, ordinances and codes and PUSD policies and procedures.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district.
- Skill in basic addition, subtraction, and multiplication. Able to read recipes, calculate measurements and follow instructions.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications.
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background clearance check.
- May be exposed to dangerous machinery, potential physical harm, hazardous chemicals and infectious disease
- Must be able to obtain within one month of employment and maintain a State of Arizona Food Handlers Permit
- Must be able to obtain Peoria USD Cook Safety Certificate
- May be required to work outside normal working hours
- May be required to lift and/or carry heavy, bulky supplies, materials, equipment and other items weighing up to 50 pounds
- May be required to obtain and maintain a valid Arizona driver's license
Department: Food Service
Supervisor: Kitchen Manager
Term of Employment: 9.5 months
Salary Classification: 9
Job Summary: Provides and performs a variety of food services and related tasks in the preparation and serving of food, clean up and operation of a school cafeteria.
Essential Functions: as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following: