COOP Assistant - Multiple Vacancies
- Position Type:
School Support Staff/Instructional Assistant
- Date Posted:
Sunrise Mountain High School - Peoria, AZ
- Closing Date:
Until Filled   Additional Information:
- Assists in the day to day childcare and preschool learning activities for children enrolled in the PUSD COOP Program.
- Prepares instructional and activity materials as assigned by the preschool teachers.
- Oversees the daily routine of the COOP room children. Prepares activities, activity areas, and materials for the day. Prepares daily/weekly activity and progress reports for preschoolers. Meets with parents to address any concerns.
- Performs general housekeeping, sanitizing and maintenance of the preschool areas. Assists with toilet training, diapering and changing of clothes. Cleans and disinfects toileting/changing areas. Launders classroom towels, sheets and nap blankets.
- Supervises indoor and outdoor free play and directed activities.
- Maintains documentation and records for student files. Maintains and updates computer files; reviews immunization records for currency.
- Monitors the sign out of children by their parents or approved guardians. Cleans and secures the area before closing for the night.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, regulations, ordinances and PUSD policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the principles of preschool and childcare methods and techniques.
- Knowledge of the principles of record, file and database management.
- Knowledge of the principles of basis child development stages.
- Skill in written and verbal communications.
- Skill in assisting preschool students to develop socialization, personal hygiene and behavioral controls.
- Skill in providing care and supervision of preschool children activities.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications.
- Must possess or obtain an Arizona IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Must be able to pass a background clearence check.
- May be required to stand, walk or sit for extended periods of time.
- May be required to lift and carry heavy, bulky supplies and materials weighing up to 50 pounds.
- May be required to physically restrain or run after a student.
- May be exposed to hazardous chemicals and cleaning compounds, extreme weather conditions, air, water and bodily fluid borne pathogens.
- May be required to work outside normal working hours.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain First Aide, CPR, and Child Care Training Certifications.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an Arizona driver license.
- May be required to travel to perform work functions.
- May be required to demonstrate fluency in both English written and oral communications.
|COOP Assistant - Multiple Vacancies||JobID: 18668|
Position Title: COOP Assistant
Department: COOP Preschool
Supervisor: Site Administrator
Term of Employment: 9
Job Summary: Assists in providing a variety of preschool teacher and child care services for the Peoria Unified School District (PUSD) COOP program.
Essential Functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A high school diploma or GED AND one (1) year of working with preschoolers, OR any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.