Coordinator, MET Professional Academy
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
MET Professional Academy - Peoria, AZ
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
04/24/2021   Additional Information:
- Works with stakeholders to develop and implement a strategic plan to sustain the vison of the MET Professional Academy.
- Identifies strategies & instructional plans and trains staff to ensure strategic goals are met on an annual basis.
- Maintains an Advisory Board of industry and post-secondary leaders to guide program.
- Reviews data from all stakeholders as part of a continuous improvement plan to identify areas of opportunity for enhancements.
- Works with Peoria Unified Curriculum and Instruction to provide vertically integrated pathways for students.
- Provides instructional leadership through planning, observing, and evaluating MET staff on a regular basis.
- Seeks out and executes staff professional development to ensure the MET staff is constantly provided with training opportunities to keep abreast of best practices and industry trends.
- Develops and implements ideas for enhancing student learning with a focus on project-based learning, building a professional skill set, and providing opportunities to practice essential skills.
- Plans events that include authentic learning opportunities for students with business, post-secondary, and community partners.
- Communicates MET mission, vision, and goals both internally within Peoria Unified and externally.
- Establishes a regular communication plan with all MET stakeholders.
- Maintains an active presence on social media on behalf of the MET Professional Academy and regularly updates the MET website.
- Attends community events, delivers presentations, and hosts site tours to promote the program to potential stakeholders – including business leaders, community members, parents, and students.
- Creates and disseminates MET marketing materials for distribution.
- Manages & monitors an annual fiscal accounting system and budget for the MET program.
- Maintains an accurate inventory of equipment and software licenses evaluating the condition of the building on a regular basis.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, policies, and procedures.
- Knowledge of applicable Peoria Unified School District and departmental policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of employment laws and practices.
- Skill working collaboratively with a group, team building & motivating a workforce.
- Skill in communicating both orally and in writing and public speaking.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with all stakeholders.
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background check.
- May be required to work outside normal working hours.
- Must have at the time of application and must maintain a valid Arizona driver's license.
- May be required to lift and carry heavy, bulky supplies and materials weighing up to 20 pounds.
- May be required to travel to perform work functions.
Position Title: Coordinator, MET Professional Academy
Department: Education Services
Supervisor: CTE Director
Term of Employment: 12 Months
Salary Classification: High School Assistant Principal Salary Schedule
JOB SUMMARY: The MET Executive Coordinator will support the MET Professional Academy program vision by developing and executing a strategic plan for the center’s growth and development, securing business, post-secondary, and community partnerships. The Executive Coordinator of the MET will be the campus instructional leader and will ensure program goals are in alignment with the district initiatives.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills, and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS: