Crossing Guard (16 hrs per week), to be paired with Office Assisant (20 hours per week)
- Position Type:
School Support Staff/Crossing Guard
- Date Posted:
Kachina Elementary - Glendale, AZ
- Date Available:
ASAP   Additional Information:
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, regulations, ordinances and PUSD policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the principles of Police Department guidelines applicable to crossing guard practices and procedures.
- Skill in reading, interpreting, understanding and applying relevant Federal, state and PUSD rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Skill in monitoring, escorting and assisting students crossing streets and other school activities.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district.Skill in operating general office equipment.
- Must possess or obtain an Arizona IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Must be able to pass a background clearence check.
- May be required to lift and/or carry heavy, bulky supplies, equipment and materials weighing up to 30 pounds.
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods in extreme weather conditions.
|Crossing Guard (16 hrs per week), to be paired with Office Assisant (20 hours per week)||JobID: 19160|
Position Title: Crossing Guard
Department: Student Services
Supervisor: On site administrator
Term of Employment: 9 months
Salary Classification: 5
Job Summary: Escorts children safely across city streets on their way to and from school. May provide a variety of clerical office and school activity support services to assist in the operation of the school.
Essential Functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following:
• Places and removes school crossing signs at designated street locations to notify motorists of school pedestrian crossing.
• Monitors student behavior and the environment to maintain a safe path of travel for students.
• Directs on-coming traffic in order to safely escort school children and their parents/guardians across the street according to established police department guidelines.
• Operates a two-way radio to contact the police regarding speeders, suspicious behavior of pedestrians or drivers.
• May assist with playground, classroom and cafeteria monitoring.
• May perform a variety of clerical or receptionist office duties.
• Performs other duties as assigned or required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 19160