Data Integration Engineer
- Position Type:
Information Management Technology/Systems Analyst
- Date Posted:
Cholla IMT - Glendale, AZ
- Date Available:
07/01/2022   Additional Information:
- Explores data, summarizes, graphs, explains, and infers knowledge from data.
- Extensive Database, SQL, and Spreadsheet competencies
- Independently conducts work on the full life cycle of data engineering to include analysis, solution design, data pipeline engineering, testing, deployment, scheduling, and production support.
- Designs and implements complex technical solutions for data engineering and analytic systems.
- Designs, codes and supports functional intra-departmental procedures and process-flows within cloud infrastructure and application stacks with focus on database development/management and data integration procedures utilizing ETL processes and procedures across multiple application platforms.
- Assists in analysis and documentation of procedural guidelines and departmental project taskings for our data repositories and integrated cloud applications.
- Provides comprehensive performance and risk related data point analysis within our cloud infrastructure to improve management’s ability to effetely streamline IT productivity and fiduciary requirements.
- Expert knowledge in SQL/T-SQL building queries, extracting, and manipulating data
- Work cooperatively with other team members and subject matter experts to innovate and create impactful work that serves student success, enriches data tables, and improves business process impacts.
- Review, capture, and summarize designated applications, data sources, and data integrations. The data integrations consist of SQL Server Integration (SSIS) packages and Power BI Dataflows
- Accountable for uptime and fluidity on integrations
- Evaluate and recommend new integration/database technologies
- Ensure and maintain end-to-end security and encryption throughout the transport of data
- Solve issues and participate in defect and incident root cause analysis
- Familiar with integrations to/from cloud environments; ability to diagnose, alert and monitor data
- Data integration troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose issues
- Understand and support key applications for bi-directional data integrations to systems such as MS SQL backend systems, SSIS and SSRS
- Assumes or coordinates other duties or projects as assigned or directed.
- Skill in the following languages: SQL, C#, and Python/Hadoop or Spark
- Skill with creating and managing data pipelines, configuring, and managing data warehouses in cloud-based environments such as AWS. GCP and Azure.
- Expert skill in developing, writing, and performing standard and risk data analysis reports and KPI’s for relational (SQL) data bases
- Skill integrating Business Intelligence applications like Tableau and PowerBI.
- Knowledge and experience with working with AI-Analytics programs such as Power-BI with equivalent business intelligence reporting, including dashboards, reports, and business KPIs.
- Strong database experience (schemas, inter-system connections, ETL, data modeling, data cleansing, etc.)
- Experience building integrations using ETL tools such as SQL Server Integration Services
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of applicable Peoria Unified School District and departmental policies and procedures.
- Must have outstanding communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Experience developing dashboards and reports using at least one industry-leading reporting platform (Tableau, SSRS, etc.).
- Understanding of data governance principles and best practices.
- Ability to effectively handle stressful situations and meet prescribed deadlines.
- Ability to adapt to a structured environment, following necessary techniques and procedures.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and leadership and to supervise and lead others.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the public and others having business with the school district.
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background clearance check.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an Arizona driver’s license.
- May be required to work outside normal working hours.
- May be required to travel to perform work functions.
Position Title: DATA INTEGRATION ENGINEER
Supervisor: Director of Information Systems
Term of Employment: 12 Months
Salary Classification: Classified Exempt – Grade 12
Job Summary: The Data Integration Engineer is a hands-on technical role focused on full stack software development. The Data Engineer provides development, integration, and production support building data pipelines. Analyzes, extracts, and loads data on RDBMS and big data platforms. Gathers requirements for data dissemination and reporting. Responsible for engineering and maintaining the data integration interfaces for data life cycle management. Will support the design, development, and document the data analytics dashboard creation process.
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field OR any equivalent combinations of experience and education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved. Equivalent education comparable to a bachelor’s degree with major course work in statistics, programming, data analytics, engineering, or a related field. Five years of increasing responsibility in integration and management of data.