Data Integration Specialist
- Position Type:
Information Management Technology
- Date Posted:
Cholla IMT - Glendale, AZ
- Date Available:
12/15/2021   Additional Information:
- Perform database (SQL server) queries and program data analysis as requested.
- Acquire and abstract primary or secondary data from existing internal or external data sources for data exchange between systems/programs
- Perform a variety of quality control checks to maintain and assure the accuracy and consistency of data in tracking systems
- Self-starter with the ability to learn quickly, function in a fast-paced environment, work on multiple projects simultaneously, and be results oriented.
- Perform data mining and data analysis
- Works closely with IT project managers and District Administrators
- Generate routine and ad hoc reports
- Maintain data standards, in accordance with applicable laws and regulations
- Perform other duties as assigned or required
- Sound understanding of the following:
- Internet technologies: .Net, HTML, and IIS
- Operating systems: Windows XP and up and Windows 2012 server and up
- Development Tools: Visual Studio
- Reporting Tools: Microsoft Reporting Services
- Applications: Office 2013 and up, Microsoft SQL database administration tools
- Must have strong data analysis skills that include writing complex SQL queries and troubleshooting error logs.
- Must have strong process background including understanding, documenting and improving business processes that include technology tools or systems.
- Knowledge of Active Directory data structure
- Knowledge of principles of computer programming, systems analysis and database management methods and techniques
- Knowledge of OneRoster and IMS Global Learning Information Best Practices
- Knowledge of how to architect a database schema to support normalization of similar data across disparate source schemas; ability to extend and maintain production schemas with minimal disruption to existing production environments; ability to support the generation of API-style class models for data extraction.
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, policies and procedures
- Knowledge of applicable Peoria Unified School District and departmental policies and procedures REQUIRED SKILLS
- Skill in Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Databases and Transact SQL
- Strong understanding of Microsoft SQL databases, logical schemas and data.
- Skill in Microsoft SQL Analysis Services, Microsoft SQL Server Profiler and Microsoft Integration Services
- Skill in performing database analysis
- Skill in reading, interpreting and understanding technical program manuals
- Skill in analyzing and diagnosing computer systems and problems and in developing, testing, documenting and implementing systems and software corrections and solutions
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Works independently and able to set priorities.
- Possesses AZ driver’s license and good driving record.
- Able to read, write and speak English.
- Able to perform physical activity and lift minimum of 50 lbs. with no assistance.
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background clearance check.
- May be required to sit for extended periods with vision to monitor and repetitive keyboard utilization.
- May be required to obtain and maintain computer certifications in multiple areas.
- May be required to work outside normal working hours.
- May be required to travel to perform work functions.
Position Title: Data Integration Specialist
Department: Information Systems
Supervisor: Director of Information Systems
Term of Employment: 12 month
Salary Classification: Exempt Salary 8
Job Summary: The Data Integration Specialist is Responsible for coordination with all commercial product vendors regarding the development of data integrations between external/commercial products and PUSD information systems as well as providing Information Technology Administration with a long-term perspective on the relationship of database technology and data integrations to the strategic goals of the district.
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following. Other duties may be assigned: