Day Facility Worker
- Position Type:
School Support Staff/Maintenance
- Date Posted:
Cactus High School - Glendale, AZ   Position Title: Day Facility Worker
- Open campus, gates, assigned doors, lights and put out signs
- Inspect campus, maintain campus by picking up trash and debris
- Clean and maintain facilities as needed throughout the day
- Respond to calls on any issues that may arise
- Sets up and breaks down event and meeting equipment, tables and seating according to layout provided
- Repairs and adjust desks and furniture and light maintenance
- Operates a variety of commercial cleaning and maintenance equipment
- Inspects doors and windows for proper securement
- Participate in fire drills, lockdowns, and secure campus
- Contact person for security companies
- Basic knowledge of field set-up
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, regulations, ordinances and codes and PUSD policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the basic principles of custodial maintenance of public facilities and grounds.
- Knowledge of the principles of operation of commercial cleaning equipment practices and procedures.
- Skill in reading, interpreting, understanding and applying relevant Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, regulations, ordinances and codes and PUSD policies and procedures.
- Skill in safely mixing and utilizing a variety of cleaning and sanitizing chemicals and supplies.
- Skill in cleaning and sanitizing assigned areas.
- Skill in operating a variety of cleaning and maintenance equipment.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district.
- Must possess or obtain an Arizona IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Must be able to pass a background clearence check.
- Must possess at time of application and must maintain a valid Arizona driver license.
- May be required to demonstrate fluency in English: written and oral communications
- May be required to perform custodial services and repairs while standing, stooping, bending, crawling and working overhead.
- May be exposed to dangerous machinery, potential physical harm, extreme weather conditions, hazardous chemicals, fumes, infectious diseases, air, water and bodily fluid borne pathogens.
- May be required to lift and/or carry heavy, bulky supplies, equipment, tools, parts and materials weighing up to 60 pounds.
- May be required to operate commercial cleaning and maintenance equipment.
- May be required to work outside normal working hours.
- May be required to travel to perform work functions.
Department: Building and Grounds
Supervisor: Maintenance Foreperson
Term of Employment: 12 months
Salary Classification: 8
Job Summary: Performs a variety of routine/entry level custodial duties to clean and maintain assigned school facilities.
Essential Functions as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A high school diploma or GED, AND one year’s experience as a custodian or general maintenance person preferred.