Dispatcher, PM Shift
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Transportation - Peoria, AZ
- Date Available:
- Assists the Director of Transportation and Field Trip Coordinator with the dispatching of drivers, buses, and other district vehicles for student/employee transport on regular and special needs schedules.
- Assists in planning bus routes/schedules.
- Assists in the assignment of drivers for extra or special runs.
- Prepares accurate and timely reports or records as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of applicable Peoria Unified School District and departmental policies and procedures.
- Ability to learn local and state policies and laws relative to pupil transportation.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications, which mostly includes, but is not limited to the transportation software.
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background clearance check.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an Arizona driver’s license.
- Must possess, or be eligible to qualify for a Commercial Driver’s license (CDL) with a passenger endorsement.
- May be required to lift and carry heavy, bulky supplies and materials weighing up to 20 pounds.
- May be required to lift students weighing up to 50 pounds.
- May be required to work outside normal working hours.
- May be required to travel to perform work functions.
Position Title: DispatcherDepartment: Transportation
Supervisor: Director of Transportation
Term of Employment: 12 Months
Salary Classification: 12Job Summary: The person in this role will assist in the efficient organization of bus routes, drivers and assistant, and in the operation of the transportation department.
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A high school diploma or GED AND 2 years of experience in the transportation industry OR any equivalent combination of experience and education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.