District Assessment Coordinator
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
District Administration Center - Glendale, AZ   Additional Information:
- Acts as the District liaison with the Arizona State Department of Education to ensure compliance with state-mandated testing requirements and provisions of federal and state legislation (Arizona Learns and No Child Left Behind).
- Maintains liaisons and active participation with educational leaders in assessment and school improvement at state, regional, and national levels.
- Coordinates and manages all responsibilities related to state, national and District assessments.
- Conducts school and District level training on the administration of all testing activities.
- Works with staff in the Office of Research, Planning, and Assessment to verify state testing results and student demographic data.
- Assists the K-12 Academic Services Administrators and Deputy Superintendent as needed in the investigation and reporting of testing irregularities and violations.
- Supervises the administrative support person to ensure the coordination of operational detail essential to successful implementation of the testing program.
- Remains knowledgeable of all state accountability initiatives; participates in state and local accountability workshops and committees; serves as primary resource to district administrators and the community on the state’s accountability program and its relation to activities within the District.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, policies and procedures
- Knowledge of applicable Peoria Unified School District and departmental policies and procedures
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Operating system, and Microsoft Office Suite of Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background clearance check
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an Arizona driver’s license
- May be required to lift and carry heavy, bulky supplies and materials weighing up to 40 pounds
- May be required to work outside normal working hours
- May be required to travel to perform work functions
Position Title: District Assessment Coordinator Job Code: H-4122
Department: Research and Assessment
Supervisor: Director of Research and Assessment
Term of Employment: 12 Months
Salary Classification: Classified Exempt 3
Job Summary: The person in this role oversees the coordination, planning, and implementation of state, national and District initiated testing programs.
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited educational institution AND at least five years experience in the field of K-12 education, OR any equivalent combination of experience and education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.