Door Hardware Lead
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Centralized Maintenance - Glendale, AZ
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
- Performs lock repair, lock set installations, alterations and repairs and other maintenance duties under the direction of a supervisor/ administrator
- Coordinates, schedules and sets priorities for work orders at various school sites and office facilities to perform duties associated with installation of locks and repairs
- Under the direction of the supervisor/administrator, assists in the planning process to re-key school sites and perform necessary repairs
- Maintains and orders an inventory of supplies needed to perform the jobs at various school sites
- Operates a variety of power tools and equipment
- Maintains records and files for jobs performed
- Performs other duties as assigned or required
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of applicable Peoria Unified School District and departmental policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of how to interpret blueprints and written assignment
- Knowledge of methods, materials, equipment and techniques used in the installations and repair of door locks
- Knowledge of construction and other maintenance techniques
- Skill in performing physically strenuous work
- Skill in climbing ladders and working in close spaces
- Skill in reading writing and speaking English
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications.
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background check
- Must possess at the time of application and must maintain a valid Arizona drivers license
- May be required to perform work while standing, stooping, bending and working overhead
- May be required to lift and/or carry heavy, bulky items and equipment weighing up to 60 pounds
- May be required to work outside normal working hours
- Will be required to travel to perform work functions
Position Title: Door Hardware Lead
Supervisor: Director of Maintenance
Term of Employment: 12 months
Salary Classification: 16
Job Summary: The position of Door Hardware Technician performs lock repair, lockset installations, alterations and repairs to insure the various school sites and administration facilities are secure.
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A high school diploma or GED AND 2 years of experience in the installation and repair of door locks OR any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.