Early Childhood Specialist
- Position Type:
Related Services/Early Childhood
- Date Posted:
Sky View Elementary - Peoria, AZ   Position Title: Early Childhood Specialist
- Maintain records of staff compliance to DHS regulations
- Maintain student records per DHS regulations
- Maintain site inspections per DHS regulations
- Complete staff background checks per DHS and DES regulations
- Provide fingerprinting as needed for early childhood staff
- Complete monthly scholarship reporting
- Maintain wait list and fill class openings as they occur
- Assist families in completing applications for preschool
- Collect documents required for scholarships
- Complete yearly immunization reports for Maricopa County
- Performs other duties as assigned or required
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of applicable Peoria Unified School District and departmental policies and procedures.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district.
- Skill in appropriate computer applications.
- Highly skilled in organization and maintenance of records.
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background clearance check.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an Arizona driver’s license.
- May be required to lift and carry heavy, bulky supplies and materials weighing up to 20 pounds.
- May be required to work outside normal working hours.
- May be required to travel to perform work functions.
- Must be able to speak, read, and write English.
Department: Early Childhood
Supervisor: Early Childhood Director
Term of Employment: 10 months; 37.5 hours per week
Salary Classification: Classification 11
Job Summary: Clerical work specific to early childhood education including Arizona Department of Health Services Child Care Licensure, scholarship and immunization reporting, registration of preschool students, orientation of new staff per DHS regulations and maintenance of staff DHS files.
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following. Other duties may be assigned: