- Position Type:
Teacher - Elementary School PreK-8
- Date Posted:
Sunset Heights Elementary School - Peoria, AZ
- Date Available:
Immediately   Additional Information:
- Collects, analyzes, and reports data regarding student interventions and learning outcomes
- Develops and models instructional lessons which incorporate the use of technology resources.
- Observes classroom teaching and provides follow-up instructional conferences.
- Conducts conferences with teachers relative to their use of essential elements of instruction and the integration of technology with classroom instruction
- Conducts individual instructional sessions related to the planning and implementation of effective instructional strategies, including student-use of technology in the classroom.
- Assists school administrators with the implementation of teachers’ personalized programs for instructional improvement.
- Coordinates activities with other Instructional Specialists and District Curriculum Specialists.
- Attends training sessions designed to maintain and advance their staff development and technology skills.
- Assists in aligning instruction with the District curriculum.
- Develops and models instructional lessons which incorporate standard mandates, best practices, and the use of technology resources to enhance student learning.
- Observes and/or videotapes classroom teaching and provides follow-up coaching for the purpose of instructional support and professional growth.
- Assists teachers in assessing their instructional strengths to determine continued professional development needs.
- Identifies exemplar teachers who can serve as demonstration classrooms for other teachers.
- Assists in analyzing student achievement data in order to plan and deliver individualized, differentiated instruction
- Attends training sessions designed to maintain and advance their own professional development and technology skills.
- Provides interventions, progress monitoring, and tiered support for students demonstrating the need for such support in targeted areas in collaboration with site leadership.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of applicable Peoria Unified School District and departmental policies and procedures
- Thorough working knowledge of all terminology associated with the Essential Elements of Instruction, AZ College and Career Ready Standards, Special Education laws, procedures, and practices
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications
- Ability to build relationships that support teacher development in response to individual needs of teachers
- Ability to analyze assessments, curriculums, and instructional plans
- Demonstrate an understanding in the stages of teacher development
- Demonstrate an understanding in the stages of child development and related best practices.
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background clearance check
- May be required to work outside normal working hours
- May be required to travel to perform work functions
|Educational Strategist||JobID: 19764|
To see a listing of all Peoria Unified School District Jobs please visit: www.peoriaunified.org
Why Choose Peoria Unified: Since 1889, Peoria Unified School District has grown to serve over 37,000 students and nearly 4,000 employees as one of Arizona’s largest districts. We cater to the unique learning style of every student, from preschool through high school. Our District prides itself on excelling schools, award-winning teachers, high test scores, career and technical education programs, specialized Choice Programs, free all-day kindergarten, and championship athletic programs. We have a 95% high school graduation rate and are proud to be the first district in the state to receive the prestigious AdvancED Accreditation. And, although we are quite a large district, we still maintain that family-feel. Sound like a team you want to join? Then read on!
Position Title: Educational Strategist
Department: Sunset Heights Elementary School
Supervisor: Site Administration
Term of Employment: 9 Months using results based funding. Position eliminated at the end of the school year, or when funds exhausted.
Salary Classification: Teacher Salary Schedule
Job Summary: The Educational Strategist will provide coaching and mentoring to classroom teachers for the continuous refinement of instructional practices and implementation of District curriculum. The Strategist will intervene with students while helping them discover and fulfill their potential. The Strategist will develop and implement creative and engaging lesson plans and assist with site-based professional development. The Strategist will collect and track student achievement data to evaluate the effectiveness of interventions and tiered supports.
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include, but are not limited to, the following:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Must possess a valid Arizona teaching certificate, AND a minimum of three years teaching experience OR any equivalent combination of experience and education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.