ELA Curriculum Content Coach / K-3 Literacy
- Position Type:
Curriculum & Instruction Support- District
- Date Posted:
District Administration Center - Glendale, AZ
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
06/30/2020   Position Title: Academic Services Content Coach
- Support K-3 teachers and interventionists with quality Tier I and Tier II instruction. K-3 Teaching experience and/or Reading Interventionist experience and/or Reading Endorsement preferred.
- Facilitate teams of district personnel in developing curriculum and assessment documents.
- Oversee the process to finalize and publish all curriculum and assessment documents.
- Analyze assessment data to identify trends, curriculum alignment, and critical areas of need.
- Research and provide content knowledge and resources - current trends, instructional strategies/practices and materials.
- Research and provide information and guidance regarding a range of effective and innovative content practices through various activities such as: Individual discussions (informal and formal); coaching sessions; demonstration lessons with pre-and post-discussions/analysis; study groups; staff meetings; and professional development programs.
- Collaborate regularly with other coaches and administrative teams to identify critical areas of need at the school level, department level, and classroom level.
- Continually revises and updates curriculum and assessment documents including resources based on communications with classroom teachers and administration.
- Advises and assists with requests for selection/adoption of new resource adoption and supplemental materials.
- Serves as a leader and resource to teachers implementing new curriculum or assessments.
- Works with Academic Services Director in preparing new course proposals and recommendations and reviewing current courses.
- Communicates program procedures and requirements to appropriate personnel.
- Participates in professional development activities and research.
- Serves as a resource to other coaches as needed.
- Meets regularly with the Academic Service Director to evaluate progress with curriculum and assessments and goals.
- Serves on district and state committees as needed.
- Writes, manages, and facilitates content area grants as needed.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of applicable Peoria Unified School District and departmental policies and procedures.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications.
- Ability to work cooperatively with administration, district staff development personnel and teachers.
Department: Academic Services
Supervisor: Director for Academic Services
Term of Employment: 9 Months
Salary Classification: Teacher on Assignment with Additional Days and Stipend
Job Summary: To provide leadership in designing, developing, evaluating and implementing elementary and high school curriculum, assessments and professional development activities.
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Must possess a valid Arizona teaching certificate, AND a minimum of five years teaching experience OR any equivalent combination of experience and education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background clearance check.
May be required to work outside normal working hours.
May be required to travel to perform work functions.