- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Centralized Maintenance - Glendale, AZ
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
08/30/2022   Additional Information:
- Receives work orders and project assignments. Evaluates and prioritizes work orders. Identifies, collects and/or orders necessary tools, parts, equipment, materials and personnel. Responds to calls for assistance related to electrical problems. Assists other trades to resolve electrical issues.
- Identifies and evaluates electrical needs and requirements. Builds and/or installs new and/or replacement electrical lines, meters and circuits. Arranges schedules, resources, materials and supplies required to complete projects. Coordinates work with contractors, vendors, and other trades assigned to project.
- Assists site administration with planning for electrical projects. Reviews site plans, blueprints, schematics and project plans for compliance with established trade codes and standards. Plans, estimates and bids on electrical projects for PUSD. Prepares paperwork for bidding process. Contacts vendors to purchase supplies, order parts, to receive technical assistance or specifications on products.
- Coordinates and works with city code inspectors to obtain inspection approvals and clearances. Assists other trades with electrical problems related to their projects and/or work orders.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, regulations, ordinances and codes and PUSD policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the principles of journey level electrician practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of the principles of file and records management, purchasing and inventory control.
- Skill in reading, interpreting, understanding and applying relevant Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, regulations, ordinances and codes and PUSD policies and procedures.
- Skill in assessing, analyzing, troubleshooting, diagnosing and undertaking repairs, maintenance and installation of electrical systems, circuits and components.
- Skill in utilizing a variety of hand and power tools and equipment for in-shop and on-site repairs.
- Skill in maintaining records of parts inventory, maintenance, repair and installation.
- Skill in reading, understanding and preparing blueprints, schematics and drawings.
- Skill in monitoring and complying with occupational safety and health regulations applicable to construction and electrical trade standards and codes.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications.
- Must possess an IVP Fingerprint Card and pass a background clearance check.
- Must possess at time of application and must maintain a valid Arizona driver license.
- May be required to obtain and maintain an Arizona Electrician License with applicable certifications.
- May be required to perform electrical services and repairs while standing, stooping, bending, crawling, and working overhead or in trenches.
- May be required to lift and/or carry heavy, bulky supplies, equipment, tools, parts and materials weighing up to 30 pounds.
- May be exposed to dangerous machinery, potential physical harm, extreme weather conditions, and hazardous chemicals and fumes.
- May be required to work outside normal working hours.
- May be required to travel to perform work functions.
Position Title: Electrician
Department: Maintenance Department
Supervisor: Director of Maintenance
Term of Employment: 12 months
Salary Classification: 16
Job Summary: Performs a variety of skilled journey level electrical services for Peoria Unified School District facilities and grounds.
Essential Functions as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following: