Elementary School Registrar
- Position Type:
School Support Staff
- Date Posted:
Zuni Hills Elementary - Sun City, AZ
- Date Available:
07/2022   Additional Information:
- Maintains and respects confidentiality of student and school personnel information.
- Provides information, prepares correspondences and related matters, prepares and maintains files and records, and completed all necessary steps associated with student registration and withdrawal;
- Assists teachers, parents and students with student registration and withdrawals;
- Prepares and maintains cumulative record and end of year reports
- Prepares and sends student records to schools for transfer students following guidelines
- Reviews requests made by Social Security Administration, law enforcement officers, Child Protective Services, mental health representatives, and other support staff and completes, for administrative review. Ensures that record requests are completed within a reasonable time-frame.
- Maintains records in accordance with District policies and procedures and the Arizona State Records Retention requirements;
- Checks and reviews a variety of data for accuracy, completeness, in conformance with established standards and procedures;
- Requests students records, as needed;
- Maintains records and generates reports, as requested by District and School personnel;
- Operates standard office equipment to include, computers, copiers, etc.;
- Handles a variety of routine technical and administrative required responsibilities;
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities;
- Complies with and supports school and District regulations and policies;
- Models non-discriminatory practices in all activities;
- Performs related tasks as assigned by building administrator(s) in accordance with the school/policies and practices
- Attends District training to stay current with changes in data requirements and implements those changes in within the proscribed timelines;
- Able to read error reports and subsequently correct any validation errors;
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Enters and Maintains student information for new, current and former students in the student information system. Student information includes, but is not limited to:
- Internet usage
- Signature Programs
- Enters student discipline into the student information system
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, policies and procedures
- Knowledge of applicable grants management
- Knowledge of applicable Peoria Unified School District and departmental policies and procedures
- General knowledge of standard office practices, procedures, equipment and secretarial techniques; thorough knowledge of business English, spelling and arithmetic
- Ability to word process accurately and at a reasonable rate of speed; ability to make arithmetical calculations; ability to meet the public effectively
- Ability to operate a variety of office equipment; skill in the use of data and word processing equipment;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others; ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Skill in using Microsoft office suite software, especially Excel spreadsheets
- Must possess or obtain an Arizona IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Must be able to pass a background clearence check.
- May be required to work outside normal working hours
- Stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, pulling, routine lifting up to approximately 20 pounds, grasping, and repetitive motions
- Vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word, and conveying detailed or important instructions to others accurately, loudly, or quickly; hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels, and to receive detailed information through oral communications and/or to make fine distinctions in sound
- Visual acuity is required for preparing and analyzing written or computer data, operation of machines, and determining the accuracy and thoroughness of work
Position Title: Elementary School Registrar
Department: K-12 Academic Services
Supervisor: Site Administrators
Term of Employment: 10.5 months
Salary Classification: 8
Job Summary: Ultimately responsible for integrity, accuracy and completeness of the student data. Responsible for work in the registration and transfer of students and in preparation and maintenance of student records and may perform a variety of general office, clerical duties as needed. Training and required duties, take direction from District Student Information Staff.
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school, including or supplemented by courses in general office practices and procedures, computer data preparation and clerical and secretarial experience.