Elementary School Secretary
- Position Type:
School Support Staff/Secretary
- Date Posted:
Pioneer Elementary - Glendale, AZ   Additional Information:
- As assigned, leads and/or supervises assigned clerical, student assistants and volunteer personnel. Provides and/or recommends training. Coordinates, schedules, prioritizes and assigns tasks and projects. Establishes performance measures, goals, objectives and priorities. Evaluates work performance. Provides feedback, direction and guidance. Advises personnel of new or revised information.
- Assists, supervises and manages daily operations of school office. Oversees and performs work related to enrollments, withdrawals, student records, student and staff absences, substitute teacher assignments, staff activities, receptionist and telephones. Prepares a variety of reports and records associated with regulatory and student tracking.
- Maintains administrative and master calendar for school activities and facilities utilized by school staff or outside agencies. Maintains rental agreements. Updates and maintains personnel records for new, current and employee transfers and terminations.
- Maintains records of monies received, receipted, deposited and disbursed for student activities, tax credits, and auxiliary accounts. Processes and tracks requisitions and expenditures. Maintains office and staff supplies. Records gifts and donations. Prepares and submits insurance/theft reports.
- Enters, maintains and updates data to print and distribute report cards, budget updates, payroll, timesheets, personnel and administrative files and records.
- Schedules teachers, students, sections, class lists and updates. Prints information for distribution and reports.
- Develops opening and closing of the school year reports for student data, class lists and sections, employee informational packets, graduation and end of the year check out for teachers and staff.
- Knowledge in MUNIS, KRONOS, TOM, School Messenger, Pinnacle and AESOP
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, regulations, ordinances and codes and PUSD policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the principles of management and supervision.
- Knowledge of the principles of confidential file, records and database management.
- Knowledge of the principles of bookkeeping and/or accounting.
- Skill in reading, interpreting, understanding and applying relevant Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, regulations, ordinances and codes and PUSD policies and procedures.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining confidential and public information, files, records and databases.
- Skill in scheduling, assigning, and distributing information, maintaining inventory and tracking distribution of supplies, records and files.
- Skill in preparing regulatory reports and files, correspondence and contracts.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications.
- Must possess or obtain an Arizona IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Must be able to pass a background clearence check.
- May be required to work outside normal working hours.
- May be required to lift and/or carry heavy, bulky supplies, materials, equipment and other items weighing up to 35 pounds.
- May be required to possess and maintain a valid Arizona driver's license.
Position Title: School Secretary, Elementary
Department: Varies according to assignment
Supervisor: On site administrator
Term of Employment: 10.5 months
Salary Classification: 13
Job Summary: Performs a variety of secretarial, clerical and related functions associated with the support of the daily operations of a school.
Essential Functions: as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High School Diploma or GED, AND two (2) years of relevant secretarial, clerical, customer service or closely related experience; OR any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.