Elementary Teacher-Special Education 2020/2021 School Year
- Position Type:
Teacher - Elementary School PreK-8/Special Education Elementary Resource
- Date Posted:
Parkridge Elementary - Peoria, AZ
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
- Provides case management services for students with a disability including all requirements related to IEP development, provision, and compliance to state and federal regulations.
- Provides direct services to students with a disability per agreement on the IEP.
- Maintains all aspect and provision of confidentiality related to (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act) FERPA.
- Meets and instructs assigned classes per the schedule established for the site.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning appropriate to the maturity and skill level of the students.
- Plans and prepares lessons to provide the students with the opportunity to meet and/or exceed standards as outlined by state standards.
- Sets and maintains standards of classroom behavior.
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques consistent with the needs and capabilities of the students.
- Guides the learning process, through the use of clearly established goals and objectives to meet student and districts goals and objectives.
- Maintains accurate and completes records to meet records as required by federal, state and district regulations/requirements.
- Assesses the accomplishments of students as required by policy or regulation and to assist student growth through meaningful feedback.
- Works with the regular education staff to implement appropriate accommodations and modifications in the regular classroom to allow for student success.
- Maintains accurate census information in a timely manner per district and state guidelines.
- Attends all staff meetings as required.
- When assigned an instructional assistant, plans and supervises the assignments and activities of that person(s)
- Takes all reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of applicable Peoria Unified School District and departmental policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of a variety teaching methods and techniques to promote student growth.
- Facilitation of successful meetings to accomplish all IEP responsibilities.
- Knowledge of and provision of (Free and Appropriate Public education) FAPE to students with a disability as required by federal, state and district requirements.
- A working knowledge of accommodations and modifications to appropriately meet student needs.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A current special education teaching certificate with appropriate endorsement(s) at the Arizona Department of Education.
- Must be Highly Qualified according to state and federal standards to fill the position
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background clearance check.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an Arizona driver’s license.
- May be required to lift and carry heavy, bulky supplies and materials weighing up to 20 pounds.
- May be required to lift students weighing up to 60 pounds.
- May be required to work outside normal working hours.
- May be required to travel to perform work functions.
Position Title: Certified Teacher, Special Education
Department: Department of Special Education
Supervisor: Principal at assigned location
Salary Classification: Teacher Salary Schedule
Job Summary: The person in this role will create a classroom environment that meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of Special Education Students – socially, emotionally, physically, and cognitively. Teachers will help students learn subject matter and skills that will contribute to their development as mature, able, and responsible men and women
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following. Other duties may be assigned: