Executive Assistant to the Chief Communications Officer
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
District Administration Center - Glendale, AZ
- Closing Date:
Until Filled   Additional Information:
- Track incoming public records requests using district management system
- Facilitate the records request process including working with other departments or school staff
- Assist in reviewing and producing public records
- Assist in editing communications for internal and external stakeholders
- Monitors community communications for the purpose of ensuring accurate dissemination of information and responsiveness to the community.
- Prepares a variety of documents (e.g. correspondence, agendas, minutes, bulletins, reports, etc.) for the purpose of communicating information with established guidelines for the Chief Communications Officer or public relations team members.
- Occasionally supports the department with research to assist with communication plans
- Manage Public Relations calendar and inbox
- Schedule meetings
- Support the team’s crisis response efforts
- Answer the district’s Public Relations community line
- Attend department events
- Assist in submitting purchase orders and requisitions
- Facilitate department purchasing
- Maintain department records
- Adhere to department standards and follow deadlines
- Monitors a variety of activities on behalf of Chief Communications Officer
- Assist in other department functions and administrative duties, as assigned
- Student-centered; our team makes decisions based on what is in the best interest of students
- Passionate about public education with a growth mindset
- Excellent written, verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Efficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Basic knowledge and understanding of district policies and procedures
- Work independently and in a team environment, depending on the project or task
- Available full-time, Monday through Friday with occasional outside hours required to assist with events that highlight the district’s students or staff
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background clearance check
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid government issued ID
- May be required to lift and carry heavy, bulky supplies and materials weighing up to 35 pounds
- May be required to work outside normal working hours
- May be required to travel to perform work functions
|Executive Assistant to the Chief Communications Officer||JobID: 19841|
Position Title: Executive Assistant to the Chief Communications Officer
Supervisor: Chief Communications Officer
Term of Employment:12 Months
Job Summary: The Peoria Unified School District is seeking a positive, energetic, organized individual to add to their fast-paced and award-winning Communications & Public Relations Department. The ideal candidate for this position has strong interpersonal communication skills with a keen attention to detail and can support projects for the team from start to finish. In this role, the Executive Assistant will assist the department with internal and external communications and support the Chief Communications Officer with coordinating meetings, securing conference rooms, overseeing the department’s budget, and assisting with the district’s public records request program. Candidates must have experience in, or be willing to learn, purchasing laws, public records request laws, district policies and maintain the highest level of confidentiality. Training opportunities will be available to assist in this process.
The person who fills this position should expect to grow professionally and adapt as new projects and deadlines arise.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to: These responsibilities tie into our strategic plan for student success, safety and well-being, stewardship of community resources, and community connection. We believe these four areas help us remain focused on Peoria Unified’s vision: Every Student, Every Day, Prepared to Shape Tomorrow.
Requirements: High School Diploma or GED, ANDtwo (2) years of communications, receptionist, clerical, customer service, office support or closely related experience; ORany equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
What We Offer: Peoria Unified School District offers a robust benefits package that can help increase your financial security, advance professionally, and promote a healthy, fulfilling life. We also participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS). Some of the benefits offered include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Program, Flexible Spending Accounts, Life Insurance, a Wellness Program, Paid Time Off, and discounts on many other services.
Already Applied? Once you have applied to one of our openings, your information is shared with the site administrator or supervisor. Should they wish to discuss your qualifications further, they will contact you directly and schedule an interview. All job postings remain posted until filled.
To apply for any Peoria Unified School District job, please visit our jobs page: https://www.applitrack.com/peoriaud/onlineapp/default.aspx