Federal Programs Assistant
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
District Administration Center - Glendale, AZ
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
Until Filled   Additional Information:
- Greets visitors, answers telephone, directs calls, takes messages and/or provides general information to callers and visitors.
- Receives, date stamps and distributes mail, packages, bulletins and flyers.
- Compiles, maintains, updates, monitors, tracks and researches a variety of files, records and databases.
- Assists in student identification to ensure accurate AZELLA assessments.
- Tracks documentation required for various grants to include Private School consultations and expenditures, training for School Safety Grants, McKinney Vento expenditures, ARP Homeless II expenditures, etc.
- Processes travel reimbursement requests for the department
- Maintains supply inventory for Title I Resource Room
- Assists with preparation, development, monitoring and tracking of budgets and documents for all programs under the Federal Programs Department
- Performs other duties as assigned or required to promote the goals of the department.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, policies and procedures
- Knowledge of applicable Peoria Unified School District and departmental policies and procedures
- Knowledge of the principles of confidential files, records, and database management
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, and the general public
- Knowledge of general office practices and procedures
- Skill in reading, interpreting, understanding and applying relevant Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, regulations, ordinances and codes and PUSD policies and procedures.
- Skill in verbal and written communications, business English, grammar and punctuation
- Skill in maintaining office areas and equipment in a clean professional manner.
- Skill in utilizing problem solving and customer service techniques to direct, inform or resolve issues for visitors and staff.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications.
- Well-developed observational and record keeping skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to perform a variety of duties in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background clearance check.
- May be required to work outside normal working hours.
- May be required to lift and/or carry heavy, bulky supplies, materials, equipment and other items weighing up to 35 pounds.
- May be required to obtain and maintain a valid Arizona driver’s license.
|Federal Programs Assistant||JobID: 19444|
Position Title: Federal Programs Assistant
Department: Federal Programs
Supervisor: Federal Programs Grant and Department Supervisor
Term of Employment: 12-month position (248 day calendar)
FTE: 1.0 FTE
Salary Classification: 9
Job Summary: The Federal Programs Assistant will provide a variety of clerical and department support. The person is responsible for tracking various aspects of grants and supply inventory, processing travel reimbursements, and assisting with other tasks within the department. The job requires basic computer skills, clerical skills, and strong customer service skills.
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A high school diploma or GED AND two (2) years of relevant receptionist, clerical, customer service, office support or closely related experience; OR any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Already Applied? Once you have applied to one of our openings, your information is shared with the site administrator or supervisor. Should they wish to discuss your qualifications further, they will contact you directly and schedule an interview. All job postings remain posted until filled.
To apply for any Peoria Unified School District job, please visit our jobs page: https://www.applitrack.com/peoriaud/onlineapp/default.aspx
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 19444