Food Service Nutrition Coordinator
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Food Services - Peoria, AZ
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
- Provides training and supervisory assistance to elementary and high school cafeteria managers in the areas of personnel, labor food quality and customer service.
- Provides professional development to personnel and develops training curriculum for the managers.
- Monitors the district’s school lunch and breakfast programs to ensure regulatory and nutritional requirements are met.
- Develops menus and provides guidance to school staff and parents regarding special dietary needs of students.
- Develops and analyzes menus for elementary schools, high schools and special programs. Publishes weekly menus to schools for ordering and a monthly menu for distribution to parents.
- Reviews state standards and available curriculum to provide or assist teachers with nutrition education and wellness in classrooms.
- Develops and coordinates nutrition programs for high school students and athletics.
- Works closely with Nutrition Operations Supervisor to develop, test and implement standardized recipes that meet NSLP requirements while incorporating methods for feedback.
- Maintains nutrition specifications for all products used.
- Provides guidance to schools and evaluates current food sales to ensure Smart Snack Regulations are met.
- Provides content for social media and marketing of the program.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, policies and procedures
- Knowledge of applicable grants management
- Knowledge of applicable Peoria Unified School District and departmental policies and procedures
- Knowledge of the National School Lunch Program regulations
- Knowledge of food safety and sanitation procedures
- Knowledge of the dietary guidelines for Americans for menu analysis and nutrition education
- Knowledge of specific diseases that require dietary restrictions
- Skill in developing training materials and classes for various positions within the department
- Skill in effective communication, both oral and written
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications including nutrient data input, menu planning and analysis, web development and marketing
- Bachelor’s degree in dietetics, nutrition, or food management
- Currently a Registered Dietitian, Registered Dietitian Eligible, or completed an SNS internship
- Minimum of two years of supervisory experience in the food services industry preferred
- Possess or be able to obtain the School Nutrition Specialist (SNS) credential
- Possess or ability to obtain the Maricopa County Food Handler’s Permit and ServSafe Certification
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background check
- May be required to work outside normal working hours
- Must have at the time of application and must maintain a valid Arizona driver's license
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language
- Ability to lift heavy items, such as food and supply containers up to 50 pounds
- May be required to travel to perform work functions
Position Title: Nutrition Coordinator
Department: Food and Nutrition
Supervisor: Director of Food and Nutrition
Term of Employment: 12 Months
Salary Classification: Supervisory 6
Job Summary: Together with the Food and Nutrition Department, ensures that all cafeteria employees, students, and staff follow the National School Lunch Program and School Breakfast regulations through high school menu development, nutrition education, and supervision of the cafeteria managers.
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS: