Food Service Receiving Cook-Oakwood
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Food Services - Peoria, AZ   Additional Information:
- Directs the work of others. As assigned, interviews and recommends applicants to hire. Provides and/or recommends training. Coordinates schedules, prioritizes and assigns tasks and projects. Establishes performance measures, goals, objectives and priorities. Evaluates work performance. Provides feedback, technical guidance. Advises personnel of new or revised information.
- Assigns, plans, supervises and performs food preparation work. Reviews planned menus, schedules and related requirements. Oversees removal of food supplies, products, seasonings and other items necessary from inventory. As required, initiates purchase and/or restocking of supplies and materials.
- Directs and/or participates in cleaning and sanitation to kitchen, food preparation areas and other relevant areas. Determines compliance to established and required practices and procedures.
- As required, reviews and monitors food service lines. Observes operations and activities. Works with cooks and others to keep food available, stored and served at the correct temperature and in monitoring student portions. Prepares food production worksheets. Reviews past records and files. Determines appropriate amount of food products, service and related items are to be ordered. Initiates purchase orders.
- Reviews food products delivered. Determines adherence and compliance to quantity and quality of product ordered. Works with vendors on problems and issues related to service, deliveries, quality and quantity. As required, initiates process to return unusable and/or unwanted products and supplies.
- Oversees and assists with food products and supply storage. Updates files and records of products received and products utilized.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, regulations, ordinances and codes and PUSD policies and procedures
- Knowledge of the principles of management and supervision
- Knowledge of the principles of bookkeeping and/or accounting
- Knowledge of the principles of inventory control
- Knowledge of nutrition standards and guidelines
- Skill in reading, understanding, interpreting and applying relevant Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, regulations, ordinances and codes and PUSD policies and procedures
- Skill in identifying nutrition needs and guidelines
- Skill in following written formulas, recipes, and related cooking instructions
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background clearance check.
- Must be able to obtain within one month of employment and maintain a State of Arizona Food Handlers Permit.
- May be required to lift and/or carry heavy, bulky supplies, materials, equipment, food and/or service products and other items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- May be exposed to extreme temperature shifts while working in a kitchen and/or freezer.
- May be required to work outside normal working hours.
- May be required to travel to perform work functions.
Position Title: Receiving Kitchen Cook
Department: Food Services
Supervisor: Kitchen Manager
Term of Employment: 9 months
Salary Classification: 9
Job Summary: Oversees, manages and performs a variety of cooking, food preparation and related food services tasks associated with the operation and maintenance of a cafeteria or related food distribution area for the Peoria Unified School District (PUSD).
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS: