Food Services Driver - Substitute
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Food Services - Peoria, AZ   Additional Information:
- Accepts, reviews and unloads delivery trucks. Determines appropriate location for received food products and supplies. Stocks shelves. Updates files and records of received materials. Identifies damaged, under-filled and/or inaccurate deliveries. Works with delivery driver and/or other appropriate parties to resolve issues and concerns.
- Reviews requisitions and pick lists. Retrieves and gathers items, food products, mail, supplies and materials needed from Food and Nutrition and Warehouse. Loads truck. Delivers items. Works with staff at school site to resolve issues and concerns. Maintains and updates files and records of deliveries.
- Checks and maintains vehicle prior to and following route. As required, undertakes and performs routine maintenance and services. Identifies needs requiring additional or extensive repairs and/or maintenance.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, regulations, ordinances and codes and Peoria Unified School District (PUSD) policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the principles of file and records management.
- Knowledge of the principles of inventory control.
- Skill in reading, interpreting, understanding and applying relevant Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, regulations, ordinances and codes and PUSD rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Skill in processing and filling work orders.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications.
Position Title: Food Services Driver
Department: Food Service
Supervisor: Director of Food Service
Term of Employment: 10 months
Salary Classification: 10
Job Summary: Provides and performs a variety of tasks associated with the delivery of food products, materials, supplies and equipment for the Peoria Unified School District (PUSD) food services operations.
Essential Functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS--continued:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High School Diploma or GED, AND one (1) year of relevant driving, delivery, warehouse, inventory, stocking or closely related experience; OR any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background clearance check.
May be required to possess and maintain a valid Arizona drivers license.
May be exposed to dangerous machinery, potential physical harm, extreme weather conditions, hazardous chemicals and infectious diseases.
May be required to lift and/or carry heavy, bulky supplies, materials, equipment and other items weighing up to 50 pounds.
May be required to work outside normal working hours.