Gifted Coordinator for Academic Services
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
District Wide - Glendale, AZ
- Date Available:
06/30/2021   Additional Information:
- Responsible for indicating to principal and Executive Director when a site is not in compliance with district gifted and talented policies and procedures
- Responsible for all state reporting
- Responsible for G/T budget
- Responsible for planning, implementation, evaluation, and support of all G/T services and testing
- Responsible for the evaluation, and support of Gifted Instructional Coaches and district G/T Assessors
- Works collaboratively with principals, G/T coaches and teachers to develop an annual district professional development plan designed specifically to meet the learning needs of GT staff, classroom teachers and administrators
- Responsible for the completion of the annual state gifted and talented report, budget development, all revisions to state-approved plan and certification of accuracy of G/T student database and files
- Conducts routine audits of school-based G/T services to ensure compliance with district G/T plans
- Works with district administration to implement corrective action in the event that a school is not in compliance with the district plan
- Maintain positive working relationships with all stakeholders
- Serve as an advocate for the needs of G/T students in a professional and appropriate
- Serve as a member of the Academic Services Leadership Team
- Responsible for other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of applicable Peoria Unified School District and departmental policies and procedures.
- Thorough working knowledge of all terminology associated with essential elements of instruction.
- Ability to model and to articulate the terms and concepts of essential elements of instruction with others
- Working knowledge of technology applications.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications.
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background clearance check
- May be required to work outside normal working hours
- May be required to travel to perform work functions
Position Title: Gifted Coordinator for Academic Support ServicesDepartment: Academic Services
Supervisor: Executive Director, Exceptional Student Services/Federal Programs
Salary Classification:Teacher Salary + 15 days
Job Summary: Responsible for planning, implementation, evaluation and support of a comprehensive K-12 gifted and talented service delivery model.
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
Scope of Authority:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Must possess a valid Arizona teaching certificate, AND a minimum of five years teaching experience and a Gifted Endorsement. A Master’s Degree is preferred but not required OR any equivalent combination of experience and education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.