- Position Type:
District Maintenance/Custodial/Grounds Worker
- Date Posted:
Centralized Maintenance - Glendale, AZ
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
UNTIL FILLED   Additional Information:
- Trims and shapes, trees, shrubs and bushes
- Mows and trims all grass areas and athletic fields
- Maintains landscaping, grounds, all rock and gravel areas
- Cleans up landscape debris, remove weeds and maintains parking lots
- Maintain grounds equipment and irrigation tools and equipment
- Till all playgrounds, fertilize and aerate all sports fields and maintain fall zone materials
- Maintain debris free sidewalks and sports courts
- Performs other duties as assigned or required
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, regulations, ordinances and codes and PUSD policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the basic principles of grounds keeping and landscaping practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of care and operation of power and hand tools and equipment.
- Skill in reading, interpreting and understanding relevant Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, regulations, ordinances and codes and PUSD policies and procedures.
- Skill in following written and verbal directions.
- Skill in operating a variety of power and hand tools and equipment.
- Skill in performing custodial and maintenance functions.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district.
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background clearance check.
- Must possess at time of application and must maintain a valid Arizona driver license.
- May be required to demonstrate fluency in English: written and oral communications
- May be required to perform grounds and landscaping maintenance services and repairs while standing, stooping, bending, crawling and working overhead or in trenches.
- May be exposed to dangerous machinery, potential physical harm, extreme weather conditions, hazardous chemicals, fumes, and infectious diseases.
- May be required to lift and/or carry heavy, bulky supplies, equipment, tools, parts and materials weighing up to 60 pounds.
- May be required to operate a variety of power and hand tools, equipment and machinery.
- May be required to work outside normal working hours.
- May be required to travel to perform work functions
Position Title: Groundskeeper
Supervisor: District Maintenance Grounds Supervisor
Term of Employment: 12 months
Salary Classification: 13
Job Summary: Performs a variety of grounds keeping and landscape maintenance functions for the athletic fields and grounds of the Peoria Unified School District (PUSD).
Essential Functions as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following: