- Position Type:
School Support Staff/Secretary
- Date Posted:
MET Professional Academy - Peoria, AZ
- Closing Date:
Until Filled   Additional Information:
- As assigned, leads and/or supervises assigned clerical and student assistant personnel. Manages the daily secretarial operations of the Guidance Office. Manages the office and staff calendars, makes travel arrangements, schedules appointments, receives and directs telephone calls and visitors, prioritizes appointments and maintains guidance files and records.
- Serves as a resource to students, staff and visitors. Provides initial and follow-up information and appointments with students and parents.
- Maintains hardcopy, database files and records related to student schedules, schedule changes, sections and classes. Enters course requests. Generates a variety of spreadsheets, lists and informational materials.
- Provides clerical and secretarial functions for the guidance counseling staff including data entry, preparation of reports and correspondence. Maintains, processes and tracks requisitions, purchase orders, expenditures and contracts. Maintains office and staff supplies and materials.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, regulations, ordinances and codes and Peoria Unified School District (PUSD) policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the principles of confidential file, records and database management.
- Knowledge of the principles of accounting and/or bookkeeping.
- Skill in reading, interpreting, understanding and applying relevant Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, regulations, ordinances and codes and PUSD policies and procedures.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining confidential and public information, files, records and databases.
- Skill in scheduling, assigning and distributing information, maintaining inventory and tracking distribution of supplies, records and files.
- Skill in preparing guidance and psychological reports, files, correspondence and contracts.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications.
- Must possess or obtain an Arizona IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Must be able to pass a background clearence check.
- May be required to work outside normal working hours.
- May be required to lift and/or carry heavy, bulky supplies, materials, equipment and other items weighing up to 35 pounds.
- May be required to possess and maintain a valid Arizona driver's license.
Position Title: Guidance Secretary
Supervisor: Site Administrator
Term of Employment: 12 month
Salary Classification: 10
Job Summary: Performs a variety of secretarial, clerical and related functions associated with the support of the daily operations of a school guidance office.
Essential Functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High School Diploma or GED, AND two (2) years of relevant secretarial, clerical, customer service or closely related experience; OR any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.