Help Desk Analyst I
- Position Type:
Information Management Technology
- Date Posted:
Cholla IMT - Glendale, AZ
- Date Available:
6/20/2021   Additional Information:
- Responds to e-mails and calls to assess problems and suggest possible solutions for resolution; tests alternative resolutions; troubleshoots and resolves routine problems with network and workstation hardware, software, and peripherals.
- Documents procedures for new solutions to technical problems.
- Logs and documents all contacts, service calls and actions taken; escalates issues and problems unable to resolve to next level of support.
- Provides passwords and account information by utilizing in-house utility programs provided by IMT staff programmers.
- Acquires and maintains knowledge of support policies and methods of support delivery.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county, and city statutes, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Knowledge of applicable Peoria Unified School District and departmental policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the principles of customer service and electronic support methods and techniques.
- Knowledge of the principles of Helpdesk and network support practices.
- Knowledge of principles of office and clerical methods and techniques in a technical environment.
- Knowledge of the principles of file, records, and database management.
- Skill in researching technical manuals for resolution of routine to moderate network and workstation computer problems.
- Skill in assessing, analyzing, and recommending solutions to Helpdesk services provided to resolve automation and network user problems.
- Skill in troubleshooting, identifying, and resolving technical problems in a multiple platform environment.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications.
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background clearance check.
- May be required to sit for extended periods with vision to monitor and repetitive keyboard utilization.
- Demonstrate proficiency and familiarization with Microsoft Office Suite, Windows NT, and Windows Operating Systems.
- May be required to lift and carry heavy, bulky supplies and materials weighing up to 30 pounds.
- May be required to work outside normal working hours.
- May be required to travel to perform work functions.
- Must obtain and maintain a valid Arizona driver license.
Position Title: Help Desk Analyst I
Department: Information Management & Technology
Supervisor: Director of Information Management & Technology
Term of Employment: 12 months
Salary Classification: 15
Job Summary: Provides first level support for technical assistance, support and resolution for computer hardware, software and system problems
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills, and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS: