Human Resources Specialist
- Position Type:
District Support/Human Resources
- Date Posted:
District Administration Center - Glendale, AZ
- Closing Date:
07/02/2022   Additional Information:
- Provides ongoing staffing support to a group of schools and departments. Specialists will maintain the accurate accounting of positions and pay for each person and location.
- Helps the District maintain 100% compliance for fingerprint cards, certifications, I-9 verifications, and highly qualified staffing.
- Maintain staffing needs and compliance requirements for staff. This includes maintaining employee files.
- Facilitates the hiring process. Posts openings, processes applications and enters applicant and new employee data into associated databases. Fingerprints and completes background checks on new employees as appropriate.
- Updates and enters employee information into HRIS system. Maintains written and electronic records and files of employment within school district. Processes new employees and ensures employee identification card reflects current assignment. Verifies background and employment reference checks completed by the hiring managers.
- Provides support for applicants. Updates information in applicant tracking system. As required, may assist in setting up interviews. Accepts and forwards application and associated forms following return from interviewing authorities.
- Prepares activity reports and maintains accurate data within the Human Resources Information System.
- Processes all necessary data entry and paperwork to ensure accurate employee data, including recognition awards and extra duty pay.
- May be assigned responsibility of specific tasks such as the management of AppliTrack, ASRS registration, Substitute teachers, Unemployment, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, regulations, ordinances and codes and PUSD policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the principles of records, files and database management methods and procedures. • Knowledge of the principles of customer service methods and techniques.
- Knowledge of the principles of care and maintenance of general office equipment.
- Skill in reading, interpreting, understanding and applying relevant Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, regulations, ordinances and codes and PUSD policies and procedures.
- Skill in researching and responding to routine personnel inquiries. • Skill in entering, maintaining, updating, researching, and evaluating database information.
- Skill in creating spreadsheets, activity reports and records.
- Skill in filing, retrieving and locating confidential and public records, files and reports.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications.
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background clearance check.
- May be required to possess and maintain a valid Arizona driver’s license.
- May need to be able to obtain within three (3) month of employment and maintain Commissioned Notary for State of Arizona.
Position Title: Human Resources Specialist
Department: Human Resources
Supervisor: Director of Human Resources
Term of Employment: 12 months
Salary Classification: 14
Job Summary: Performs a variety of human resources support services to assist the schools and departments in their staffing. The HR Specialist will operate in the Human Resources Department by processing, hiring and onboarding of certified and classified applicants and employees of the Peoria Unified School District (PUSD).
Essential Functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High School Diploma or GED AND two (2) years of relevant, human resources and customer service, data entry, general office assistant or closely related experience; OR any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.