- Position Type:
District Maintenance/Custodial/Skilled Maintenance
- Date Posted:
Centralized Maintenance - Glendale, AZ
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
until filled   Additional Information:
- Primary focus on package HVAC units
- A/C Gas Card/central plant experience
- Establishes and maintains a record of preventative maintenance work done per site on a District-wide basis.
- Performs all routine service and repairs to the extent possible using a preventative maintenance checklist in the designated areas of responsibility, including electrical, HVAC, plumbing, roofing, walls, carpet, ceilings, special systems, and any other preventative maintenance tasks assigned by the supervisor.
- Reports all deficiencies requiring repairs to the Supervisor.
- Confers with, and assists the Supervisor in developing and updating the District Preventative Maintenance Program.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of applicable Peoria Unified School District and departmental policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write, and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as: percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to solve practical problems, where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- High degree of skill and knowledge in most all of the following trades: HVAC, electrical, carpentry, plumbing, and roofing.
- Additional skill in most areas of building construction and maintenance trades.
- High degree of experience and skill in preventative maintenance of buildings and equipment.
- Knowledge of contemporary methods and practices of preventative maintenance.
- Ability to work independently, or with an entire crew, if needed.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications.
- Must have an IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card and be able to pass background clearance check.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an Arizona driver’s license.
- Possess a journeyman certificate.
- City mechanical, plumbing, carpentry, or electrical license or formal training certificate preferred.
- May be required to lift and carry heavy, bulky supplies and materials weighing up to 50 pounds.
- May be required to use heavy tools and machinery.
- May be required to work outside normal working hours.
- May be required to travel to perform work functions.
Position Title: HVAC- TechDepartment: Facilities, Planning, Construction, and Maintenance
Supervisor: Supervisor of District Maintenance Services
Term of Employment: 12 Months
Salary Classification: 16
Job Summary: The person in this role will assist in establishing a preventative maintenance program for all District schools to ensure efficient and effective operation of all facilities and to provide the necessary work to maintain that program.
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A high school diploma or GED AND a formal apprenticeship in a skilled trades area, AND documented related work experience in preventative maintenance of buildings and equipment OR any equivalent combination of experience and education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.