Instructional Assistant Glendale Community College, ECCEL Preschool - 2 vacancies
- Position Type:
School Support Staff/Instructional Assistant
- Date Posted:
District Wide - Glendale, AZ   Additional Information:
- Meets and instructs assigned classes per the schedule established for the site.
- Maintains all aspect and provision of confidentiality related to (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act) FERPA.
- Reports directly to the lead teacher and district administration.
- Maintains a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and skill level of the students.
- Works collaboratively with Glendale Community College staff.
- Operates on Glendale Community College calendar.
- Prepares and delivers lessons to provide the students with the opportunity to meet and/or exceed standards as outlines by the Arizona Early Learning Standards or Arizona Infant/Toddler Guidelines.
- Sets and maintains standards of classroom behavior appropriate to preschool.
- Maintains licensing requirements through the Arizona Department of Health Services.
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques consistent with the needs and capabilities of the students.
- Guides the learning process, through the use of clearly established goals and objectives to meets student and district goals and objectives for toddlers, preschoolers and college students.
- Strives to implement, through instruction and example, the district’s philosophy of education.
- Assesses the abilities and needs of young children on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
- Attends all staff meetings and professional developments.
- Takes all reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of applicable Peoria Unified School District and departmental policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of effective instructional strategies and techniques to promote growth for preschool-age children.
- Knowledge of and provision of (Free and Appropriate Public Education) FAPE to students with a disability as required by federal, state and district requirements.
- Knowledge of working with adult learners.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications.
- Must be Highly Qualified according to state and federal standards to fill the position.
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background clearance check.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an Arizona driver’s license.
- Must possess and maintain a valid fingerprint clearance card.
- May be required to lift and carry heavy, bulky supplies, or materials weighing up to 20 pounds.
- May be required to lift students weighing up to 50 pounds.
- May be required to travel to perform work functions.
- Must be able to take CPR/First Aid training.
- Must have a negative Mantoux TB test results and Food Handler’s card prior to the start of school.
- May be required to work outside normal working hours.
Position Title: Instructional Assistant Glendale Community College, ECCEL Preschool (General Education)
Department: Early Childhood
Supervisor: Early Childhood Director
Salary Classification: $12.15 an hour; 40 hours a week
NOTE: THIS POSITION IS SUBJECT TO THE AVAILABILITY OF STATE FUNDING, AND IS FUNDED ON AN ANNUAL BASIS
Job Summary: The person in this role will work directly with children in the preschool and toddler programs at the Glendale Community College Lab School. This person follows lesson plans for instruction and assists in collecting data under the lead teacher’s guidance. This person maintains classrooms according to Quality First standards and Arizona Department of Health Services regulations.
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A high school diploma or GED. The preferred candidate will have or be working towards an AA or Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education or a closely related field.