- Position Type:
School Support Staff/Instructional Assistant
- Date Posted:
Sahuaro Ranch Elementary - Glendale, AZ
- Date Available:
10/15/2021   Additional Information:
- Prepares instructional and art activity materials and copies. Prepares and distributes learning packets according to teacher direction.
- Teaches eating, food preparation and cleaning skills. Disinfects eating and food preparation areas. Takes out trash.
- Teaches daily living skills such as eating, spending money, time management, rules of behavior, and personal hygiene such as brushing teeth and combing hair
- Monitors and assists students to complete tasks. Assists student to stay focused and not disturb others.
- Escorts students to and from classes, activities, and transportation buses.
- Assists in the preparation, sending, and receipt of student grade checks.
- Provides one-on-one or small group activities under the teacher’s direction.
- Provides support in monitoring, intervening and redirecting student behaviors.
- Supervises students in social situations in the cafeteria and playground environment
- As directed, assists with toileting, diapering, cleaning bodily fluids; cleans and disinfects toileting/changing areas; launders classroom towels, sheets and nap blankets.
- Maintains documentation and records for student files; maintains and updates computer files.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, regulations, ordinances and PUSD policies and procedures
- Knowledge of the principles of behavior management
- Knowledge of the principles of record, file and database management.
- Knowledge of the principles of basic child development stages
- Skill in following oral and written directions
- Skill in preventing, and deescalating negative behaviors
- Skill in instructing and assisting students in self-help living skills.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background clearance check.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an Arizona driver’s license.
- May be required to lift and carry heavy, bulky supplies and materials weighing up to 20 pounds.
- May be required to physically restrain or run after a student.
- May be required to work outside normal working hours
- May be required to travel to perform work functions
Position Title: Instructional AssistantDepartment: Student Learning
Supervisor: Department Supervisor/PrincipalTerm of Employment: 9 months
Salary Classification: 8Job Summary: Provides a variety of instructional assistance and support services associated with both general and specialized educational programs and student needs.
Essential Functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills, and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following: