- Position Type:
School Support Staff
- Date Posted:
Copperwood Elementary - Glendale, AZ
- Date Available:
08/02/2021   Additional Information:
- Adapts classroom activities, assignments and/or materials in conjunction with the classroom teacher for the purpose of supporting and reinforcing classroom objectives
- Assists students, individually or in small groups, for the purpose of practicing and/or reinforcing intervention strategies.
- Attends meetings and inservice presentations for the purpose of acquiring and/or conveying information relative to job functions.
- Collaborates with instructional staff, professional support personnel, for the purpose of assisting in evaluating needs for and progress of Rtl intervention strategies.
- Communicates with teachers via emails, phone calls, in person meetings, etc. for the purpose of advising them of progress or providing information on needed followup services.
- Facilitates student learning for the purpose of achieving success in academic skills.
- Maintains manual and electronic files and records for the purpose of progress monitoring
- Provides supervision of students during non-structured activities for the purpose of providing a positive learning environment.
- Provides instruction to students in a variety of individual and group activities for the purpose of reinforcing instructional objectives and ensuring students success in school.
- Reports observations and incidents relating to specific students, in support of the classroom teacher, for the purpose of communicating information to appropriate instructional and/or administrative personnel.
- Supports classroom teachers and other school personnel for the purpose of assisting them in the implementation of curriculum and integrating RTI intervention strategies
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of applicable Peoria Unified School District and departmental policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of instructional strategies and or wiling to learn
- Knowledge of school systems and daily functions
- Skill in scheduling a number of activities, meetings, and/or events; gather and/or collate data; and use basic, jobrelated equipment
- Skill required to understand written procedures, write routine documents, communicate effectively; and understand multistep written and oral instructions.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective and positive working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications.
Position Title: Response to Intervention Paraprofessional
Department: Academic Services
Term of Employment: 1 year
Salary Classification: 8
Job Summary: The job of RtI Paraeducator is to provide support to the instructional program with specific responsibility for assisting in the assessment and direct instruction of at risk students' needs for Response to Intervention (RtI)) services; implementing the RtI program strategies in small groups; working closely with the intervention team; and providing information to appropriate school personnel. This job reports to the the Titel I Specialist and Administration.
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A high school diploma or GED AND __2___ years of experience
OR any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Job- related experience preferred